Quick Question

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Heya all,

I have a quick question. I've hunted through the FAQ threads, but I either missed this or didn't understand it when I read it...

What files are safe for me to delete AFTER I've rooted and all that? Is the SuperUser .zip file ok to delete, or do I need to leave it on my SD card? Mostly looking to free up space. I've downloaded Titaium Backup and ROM Manager, awesome apps, and the FAQs got all my other questions; just this one last thing that I was unsure of.

Obviously, I've been operating on the common-sense rule of thumb: "If I don't know what it is, leave it the hell alone."

I'm running an Evo 4G, rooted, currently (for the next 5 min, at least, flashing is additive, kids) running Cyanogenmod. :) Thanks for the help all!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can remove the superuser zip. I think that is all that is put on your card from the rooting process.
That is a very good rule of thumb by the way. As for anything else I can't say really. Don't know what all is on it :).

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Heya all,

I have a quick question. I've hunted through the FAQ threads, but I either missed this or didn't understand it when I read it...

What files are safe for me to delete AFTER I've rooted and all that? Is the SuperUser .zip file ok to delete, or do I need to leave it on my SD card? Mostly looking to free up space. I've downloaded Titaium Backup and ROM Manager, awesome apps, and the FAQs got all my other questions; just this one last thing that I was unsure of.

Obviously, I've been operating on the common-sense rule of thumb: "If I don't know what it is, leave it the hell alone."

I'm running an Evo 4G, rooted, currently (for the next 5 min, at least, flashing is additive, kids) running Cyanogenmod. :) Thanks for the help all!

Whoa, took the big step to Cyanogen already. Nice! It's a different phone now!

rykatemom

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm liking the CM7. The only thing I'm still puzzling out is getting my FB contact images to sync in CM7. Thanks for all the help this far guys!