Question re. factory reset/wiping data

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My father just picked up an EVO that I rooted for him. I also copied my Titanium Backup folder to his EVO so he'd have most of the apps I have. One thing this causes is for his EVO to now have my Google account settings, which I want to eliminate entirely from his phone.

When trying to remove my Google account from his phone, the response I get is that I must do a factory reset from the Menu>Settings>SD card storage.

What I wanted to double-check on is what exactly would be wiped? If it's just a few things, including my Google account info, fine. I can re-install an app or setting that gets wiped. However, if it wipes all the apps I just installed/restored from Titanium, then that's different.

The result I'm ultimately trying to reach is eliminating my Google account from his phone so that there are no issues in the future.

androidcues

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
he won't see any googlese stuff...at all. unless he can sign in with your stuff he will see it.

google is the bomb at safeguarding data.

he will not be able to use paid protected apps because once something like AppMonster or Root Explorer or even ChromeMarks comes up...it will not run oor install without its signature key being verified.... so might as well tell him to forget about that. Besides..these apps are so cheap...why take food off the Devs table?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to menu>settings>accounts&sync click on.the Google account and remove account. Simple as that. Just make sure you sign him into his or make him one.

If you have an email app setup just go into TB and wipe data for that app. Again extremely simple.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
he won't see any googlese stuff...at all. unless he can sign in with your stuff he will see it.

google is the bomb at safeguarding data.

he will not be able to use paid protected apps because once something like AppMonster or Root Explorer or even ChromeMarks comes up...it will not run oor install without its signature key being verified.... so might as well tell him to forget about that. Besides..these apps are so cheap...why take food off the Devs table?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Actually yes paid apps will also work when being restored. No not all of them but alot will.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to menu>settings>accounts&sync click on.the Google account and remove account. Simple as that.

Actually, it's not as simple as that. I tried it and was not allowed to remove the account because it was tied to some apps I had copied to his EVO; hence my posting this thread.

Anyway, everything's fine now. I was able to remove my account after doing the data wipe. I had to reinstall a bunch of apps, but I avoided the ones I believed had my Google account info tied to them.