Cyanogen is playing tonight! :)

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
hey new to flashing roms. i think i have the jist of this after reading for a while.

i have full root. i installed clockwork rom manager. i backed up my old config. then i placed the cm_nightly build in the root, and asked clock work to load it. is that all? seems pretty easy am i missing somethin?

then if i feel like going back i install clockwork again (or titanium load my back up) and load the rom from my back up directory?

thanks.

sorry if thats a lame step by step. but i didnt see 1,2,3 instructions like on the root process.

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
hey new to flashing roms. i think i have the jist of this after reading for a while.

i have full root. i installed clockwork rom manager. i backed up my old config. then i placed the cm_nightly build in the root, and asked clock work to load it. is that all? seems pretty easy am i missing somethin?

then if i feel like going back i install clockwork again (or titanium load my back up) and load the rom from my back up directory?

thanks.

sorry if thats a lame step by step. but i didnt see 1,2,3 instructions like on the root process.

That is most of it, You also need to make sure your Radio is up to date, and also flash the google apps so you can get into the market. You also need to do a full wipe to make sure everything goes smoothly (well gives you the best chance)

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
hey thanks. im just playing now. how do i install the google apps. i do not have the market. and this is annoying. i did get titanium, from the url...and have loaded back most of my stuff. but i can reload the market and other google apps.

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks. this is pretty cool. now im excited i feel like i can switch around and its really not all that much work. once i have it all setup, can i backup with clockwork then load any version of my "full" back up and have it go back to where i left off?

once again...hope this isnt a bad place for this ? im making progress. 2.2 is much faster than the 2.1 build. very fun.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the link. but im now getting force closes on market and many other google apps. is there a way to fix this?

I would say rewipe and reflash and right after it flashes the rom flash the Google apps. I have not had any force closes

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

kchase731

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i just got finished setting everything up. this seems to work very well. but im missing 2 things from the stock EVO build. Is there a way to get the Sense Calendar, or Sense clock? those are the only 2 things i cant seem to find in th e market that are as nice.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to bang my head into a wall after loading and unloading and doing command prompts, rebooting, waiting, renaming, rebooting, ugh..

thank GOD thats all over..

Finally fully rooted- Nand unlocked- froyo 2.2 cyanogen cm6

JCrater11#AC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how it was for everyone else, but this latest nightly got my Qik Video Chat working. Slowly but surely each build is fixing what it needs to. Soon enough we'll all have Froyo and Sprint will be out of luck because no one will want the real update! Haha!

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Me too i messed up my evo so bad that i was about to report it lost pay the 100 and get another one. But its all good now cm6 on it and loving it

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get my mms working.

Sounds like just about everyone can't get MMS to work- save a few lucky souls.

No prl update option and Dev Tools force closes when I hit Start MMS. Any ideas?

Many FroYo ROMs don't have the option to update PRL. You should make sure you are up-to-date in a 2.1 ROM before you flash a 2.2- PRL is sticky between ROMs, unless you flash a new radio. If you flashed a new radio, you need to flash back to a 2.1 ROM, update PRL, then flash back to CM6. Nandroid makes this very painless :cool:

No idea on Dev Tools.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i just got finished setting everything up. this seems to work very well. but im missing 2 things from the stock EVO build. Is there a way to get the Sense Calendar, or Sense clock? those are the only 2 things i cant seem to find in th e market that are as nice.

It is not possible to run Sense widgets or Apps on any launcher other than Sense.

Try Fancy Widget in the market as a sense clock replacement, looks the same.
Fancy Widget:
thumb_tall_android-fancy-widget.png
fancy-widget-qr.png

As for the calendar, give the AOSP email program a chance, I think it's miles superior to the Sense cal. For a nice cal widget try, "android agenda widget."
Android Agenda Widget:
chart

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For every one that i having gapps issues, and issues messaging. Be careful what you restore with titanium. I don't know which ones for sure, but some of the data you might restore conflicts with parts of the Cyan rom. If you just restore your apps, and be very careful restoring data, you should be fine.

Also, you can try to use Handcent for SMS/MMS messaging, you'll have to install the apk since you wont find it in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non