Problem with SD Card on Custom ROM's

clsiburt

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been having issues with my SD Card reading properly on both Baked Snack and Fresh. Randomly, when I try to read files on the card it will not display them. Sometimes the folders will appear, but the files inside will be inaccessible. Other times the card will show up as blank. If I attempt to open the Gallery app and view pictures or videos the thumbnails show up as blank with an (!) mark inside.

This only happens with the two custom ROM's I've tried. The stock OTA was running for over a week with no problems.

I did some research on the original SD bug, and this sounds almost identical. Is there something in the custom ROM's that could have damaged the bug fix?

I've tried 2 different recoveries. Did full wipes and reformatted the SD card with Clockwork.

Has ANYONE had any similar issues? It's driving me crazy. I don't want to return to stock.

clsiburt

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try, but it's not any different than any other way
Kinda what I thought. I know that the notes on Fresh say to use Amon-RA to wipe, which I did, but I didn't see an option to format sd card so I team clockwork for that part. I guess I could try formatting with windows and see what happens. Is it just FAT32? Or is there an ext partition too?