hipespipes

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
So i just bot my evo last sat. I have already rooted it with simple root and changed the kernel. I've been reading that people r updating the radio what will this do for me? On speed test.net im getting almost 1900kbps on 3g no 4g around here yet. So if im not running the new radio will that get better with the new one?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am curious as to what the radio changes were made between versions.
I can swear my 3G atleast has gotten worse along the way from when i first got the phone.
Just to find out the radio has been updated 3x now.
I flashed back to the first radio and its hit or miss if its better reception, but curious if this was the reason the battery was dieing soo quickly on the original builds, cuz now my battery life seems to be going down (unless its my imagination from tinkering more now cuz Im flashing roms like crazy and playing now)

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If i back up my rom before i load it can i come back to this version if it slows me down? And were do i get the new versions at?

[Radios] All EVO Radio & WiMAX Radio versions - xda-developers

If you use my logic, you can see why I think one is better then the other. I am no programmer by any means, i only work with my limited knowledge and logic of when it started going down hill

Updated isnt always better either. You learn this the hard way alot too.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i guess. . . . ill prob drop all this once froyo comes around. I dont see any of the roms I tried much faster or much benefit to be honest other then bloatware removed.
I have no numbers to back this theory up, just normal workings arent super noticable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87