ROM list? Where's sticky

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's an idea ..... SOMEONE MAKE A 2.2 ROM LIST!

make a list, provide a brief explanation of each ROM (sense, AOSP, mixture, any special features, etc) and we'll sticky it.

Some rules should be put in play though, the OP should not play favorites to ROMs, if someone mentions a ROM you don't have you should add it, if someone is suggesting a ROM be added it should be THEIR responsibility to provide the quick description and link so the OP is not chasing their tail keeping it updated. Common sense stuff. An unbiased, easy to read list of ROM's with quick descriptions.

If you make it they will come

I Agree but I'm def not the person to do this...

In the mean Time im willing to help who ever...

Here's what I'm looking for: The best Froyo ROM with 4G support. :)
In all seriousness, I'm not TOO concerned about high benchmarks if it's reasonably snappy on it's own. I'm not a big fan of Sense. I like ROMs that are both pretty and have some neat functionality (e.g. I like all of the stuff that CM lets you do on the lock screen).
This is really really general and will probably match a LOT of roms. That's part of the problem. I don't know where to start, really. I was looking at the AC Rom and it looks very promising.

you kinda sound like me I love CM6 but I miss things about Sense...

Soooooo I will play Favorites here and show you this...

The Rom I based my personal Rom on....

Its Sense and its not... Try it out its not the fastest thing in the world but its pretty and works very well

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I Agree but I'm def not the person to do this...

In the mean Time im willing to help who ever...

you kinda sound like me I love CM6 but I miss things about Sense...

Soooooo I will play Favorites here and show you this...

The Rom I based my personal Rom on....

Its Sense and its not... Try it out its not the fastest thing in the world but its pretty and works very well

I'm really liking that one. Is that the same one you told me about earlier? Would you say it's faster than stock 2.2 or about the same? It really looks damn near exactly what I'm looking for. But if there's a ROM that's almost exactly like that one but faster that would be sweet.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm really liking that one. Is that the same one you told me about earlier? Would you say it's faster than stock 2.2 or about the same? It really looks damn near exactly what I'm looking for. But if there's a ROM that's almost exactly like that one but faster that would be sweet.

Yea thats the one I've been Raving about... :cool:

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that I got the ROM help I need, is there a particular kernel you all recommend? Does a default kernel install with the rom (i.e. I'm currently rocking the 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1 kernel which is NOT supported). There was a post on snap kernel a while back that was a bit over my head (is snap a specific kernel or a type of kernel?).
Again, I apologize for asking questions that have been covered in some length at previous times. This might also be a good subject for a separate thread. I'm just now reaching the point where reading about these things start to make sense.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Now that I got the ROM help I need, is there a particular kernel you all recommend? Does a default kernel install with the rom (i.e. I'm currently rocking the 2.6.32.15-cyanogenmod shade@toxygene #1 kernel which is NOT supported). There was a post on snap kernel a while back that was a bit over my head (is snap a specific kernel or a type of kernel?).
Again, I apologize for asking questions that have been covered in some length at previous times. This might also be a good subject for a separate thread. I'm just now reaching the point where reading about these things start to make sense.

Snap Kernel Requires you to Partition your SDcard for Optimal Performance...

Learn a bit more before you dive into that... Get used to the whole idea and feel of root then Experiment...

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Will do. I looked more carefully at the the ROM you recommended and it does, indeed, install a compatible kernel when flashed. I should be all set then. Thanks!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Will do. I looked more carefully at the the ROM you recommended and it does, indeed, install a compatible kernel when flashed. I should be all set then. Thanks!

Yea its a netarchy Kernel that Flashed with the Rom so dont worry about that...

the Rom is Dead solid... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez