Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
All is not completely lost. The developer of the rom I use is looking into working on the HDMI after he gets some other stuff done. It would he nice if HTC did this though. Not everything should be left to developers ..

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well any news is good news ... So you mean Vaelek might possibly look into it ? I agree HTC could have done a little more , but hopefully something can be done. I will keep checking and stoking the fires if need be.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Well any news is good news ... So you mean Vaelek might possibly look into it ? I agree HTC could have done a little more , but hopefully something can be done. I will keep checking and stoking the fires if need be.

Yup. I've spoken to him about it before. He has a pretty good idea where to look at too. He just hasn't had the time to really get into it. He's working on some other awesomeness at the moment lol

Reactions: 27scoob

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it will happen sooner rather later I'm sure. I have a media PC hooked up to my TV and am using a software which mirrors my EVO directly onto the TV. It is in it's infancy so the FPS suck (no really ... like 10 FPS) and has some other bugs but is quite fun when you want to sit on the couch and have a 30+ inch EVO across from you :)

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess I need to see how many apps actually work with hdmi out I. its current state.. I tried SPB tv and it worked somewhat not full screen and sorta choppy.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... This is really weird... On my first Evo it worked with no problem. Just plugged it in and worked.. But now on my refurb it wont work? o_O Anyone have any idea why it would work on one but not another? Not like it's a hardware thing... REALLLLLLY weird..

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Well that was why I asked I am using my launch day EVO with MYN's warm 2. 2 and I could not get rock player to work over hdmi..

metal1

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
It should be able to work......
Over a year ago I had the HTC Omnia win winmobile on it and could plug into tvout cable and everything that was on phone was seen on tv no issues.
If crappy winmobile could do it dont see why they can for this badboy Evo!!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They have limited what can be done with the HDMI output. I don't know why, but they did. I have yet to see a way to actually mirror the display from the EVO onto a tv.

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
This is ridiculous. What is the point of having HDMI Out if they are going to limit what can be ported out to and viewed on a TV. You can view it on the phone screen but not on the TV? That's not exactly preventing content from being viewed. It just can't be displayed on a larger display. That pretty much makes the HDMI port useless and pointless. That's one disappointment. Typing on the screen is another, and if video chat goes away along with the QUIK buyout, this phone will become a huge disappointment. The EVO Shift is starting to look pretty good, but I'd only have a couple of days to make the switch, if I change my mind... crap...

EvoSickness

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So any confirmed udate on this. Because I have been looking all over for the answer to this I want to know for sure finally weather the Evo can manage full HDMI out Mirror. Supposedly XDA developers found a way so theres no way its a hardware issue and that it is a software. Also the fact that the Droid X and Incridible have the ability which are almost the same phones.

I wanted this ability to connect into my Indash in my Cobra which would be amazing. If not is there such a cable as Mini HDMI to RCAs.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that there is a developer named orrebmas that has a fully functional APK that allows full HDMI output, with full mirroring of the UI, on all sense based roms. The project is an alpha, and needs a couple of bugs worked out, but the developer is putting alot of time into this. AOSP roms are next on his to do list after he gets some orientation issues worked out.

Here is a link of me testing his first revision of the app. http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVhnCuHG4y4

I will post updates here as I get them.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that there is a developer named orrebmas that has a fully functional APK that allows full HDMI output, with full mirroring of the UI, on all sense based roms. The project is an alpha, and needs a couple of bugs worked out, but the developer is putting alot of time into this. AOSP roms are next on his to do list after he gets some orientation issues worked out.

Here is a link of me testing his first revision of the app. http:// YouTube - SNES emulator using Sam Berro fullHDMI

I will post updates here as I get them.
That looks 10x better than the last video that orrebmas post at xda. Been trying to keep up with his work but when he starts the work for aosp roms then he will have my full attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non