help help help stuch in boot

pumyra21

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
i started to root phone using simple root. connected it and started step 1 says failed comes up with a red screen and says to wait for hboot to come up. and allow to update after it updates puts it in an older version of firmware. then simple root says click key to continue, i do that then gets stuck in booter. then keeps restarting. then loads phone but is in
firmware 2.1
kernal 2.6.29-ac94cf60
software1.17.651.1
searched for update and there is none
dunno if need anything else. and lost all data no back up on sd card now before did save all files on my comp when used as disk drive and used backup program mybackup but dont know how to access again now and to get phone back. please help. email me at pumyra21@aim.com or call me at 720-364-5659. i am at a loss. to know what to do next.
thanks ian

ps have looked.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
it reboots by itself?

do you have root?

did you flash a custom recovery?

Answer those, and you shall receive your solution from me :p

pumyra21

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
when it was connected to comp it would reboot. show 4g boot screen then go to just htc boot screen then go back to the screen with droid guys on skateboards and just kept asking to update. then stopped and is old version now, shows some developer icons in apps menu....

i tryed to root using unrevoked and when tryed to add the thether app it wouldnt worked so figured wasnt rooted. so then started using simple root.

i never made it to step 2 to do a flash recovery... so after all this i tryed that and it again brought me to this screen: which was the same one that showed up when trying to root. since i have done a hard reset. and it wont let me update back to froyo <HTML><META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=utf-8">Dbf8Vc8vwb===============================================================
===============================================================
Simple Root 1.47.651.1 OTA Edition 1
Pushing files, PLEASE WAIT!.....
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
Pushing PC36IMG.zip...
1156 KB/s (179274182 bytes in 151.435s)
Pushing mtd-eng.img
1079 KB/s (655360 bytes in 0.592s)
Pushing flash_image
1638 KB/s (26172 bytes in 0.015s)
Rebooting EVO...Please wait!
============================================================
Once your phone is in the screen with the skating androids,
press the power button to go into bootloader.
Wait until the device prompts you to install update
Press Volume Up to install. Wait for completion!
Then press Volume up when asked to Reboot.
Press any key to continue...
============================================================
Press any key to continue . . .

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Stop trying to update to froyo, and btw you dont mix unrevoked with simple root.

Alright. Do a factory reset on your phone and format your SD card (save anything youd like to keep on your computer) we are gonna start fresh.

Tell me what version you have. It should be android 2.1-update1 and version 1.47 correct?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
ok did now have a backscreen saying clockwork recovery with options reboot applyy sdcard wipe ect.. what do i select now

First thing to do now that you have clockwork is go down to nandroid and make a backup. This way if anything goes wrong you can at least get back to where you are now.

pumyra21

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
ok downloaded ac rom from phone and opened rom manager and tryed to click custom recovery to chose what is needed and nothing. i have access to roms now though. but still have stuff from mess up in apps and is running old version of stuff.

pumyra21

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
ok phone did factory reset and wipe, booting of phone takes long time, screen turns side type mode when ever go to messages or app market.. its at 2.2 is this normal will the lil bugs work out or do i neeed to do something else, thank you all for helping my stupidity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty