Kings BFS11 just released

jten9

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to try this one out... my phone seems to love kings bfs 6 and bfs 9. I'm trying netarchy 4.1.9.1 cfs aggressive right now; will give this a go too.

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure I am getting slightly worse battery life than CFS11.
Not the horrible "omg my phone is dead in 2 hours I got from BFS10 though."

Everything seems to run a bit smoother though.

Ill run it until tonight and see what I get.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I got the early early release lol. It's not even up on the donors page of his site yet lol. It's based off the latest OTA, the one from like last week I think including the kernel. Some visual tweaks, new updated settings app, working swype, bunch of bug fixes, few other stuff. Can't think of any right now. But so far so good

Oo ya and ota support for future updates and patches ;) for the VaelPak rom
Keep us posted.

From my HTC EVO using Tapatalk pro.

willy900wonka

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having good battery life and performance from the new kingklick bfs11, on fresh 3.4.01 rom. I use set CPU to set the governor to conservative and to set the polling interval to 100000 micro secs. No other setcpu values, and I kill it after boot. Pages load fast and its batteryleft life is projected at 28+ hours.
Oc widget is set to control screen off CPU speeds. I'm not going to speculate on why some can't over clock or why performance is different for some. I will say that I use a class10 microsd. Not for speed but for low amp draw at these slow speeds.
Just for the record I don't pay at kings site. Though I should.
KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.24] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #11/#11

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Not bad at all for light/moderate use. The last 3 Kings BFS kernels have been terrible for me. I've been using the same netarchy kernel as you and I couldn't be happier. Gonna try Kingsbfs 11 one more time. If not I'll be back to netarchy and probably for good

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Not bad at all for light/moderate use. The last 3 Kings BFS kernels have been terrible for me. I've been using the same netarchy kernel as you and I couldn't be happier. Gonna try Kingsbfs 11 one more time. If not I'll be back to netarchy and probably for good

yes its def light/moderate usage.

i do have heavy drain when its being used thou, may be the turning point for me and this kernel.

as for kings 11, i noticed it made my phone run hotter, and if u dont know something is wrong with my phone where its overheating when its over used, so i had to dump kings 11 otherwise my phone would go into a endless reboot till it cooled down.

i seen decent battery with kings 11 while i used it...

when i get a new phone in the next week or so ill give it another go.

nets kernel really keeps my phone cool.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes its def light/moderate usage.

i do have heavy drain when its being used thou, may be the turning point for me and this kernel.

as for kings 11, i noticed it made my phone run hotter, and if u dont know something is wrong with my phone where its overheating when its over used, so i had to dump kings 11 otherwise my phone would go into a endless reboot till it cooled down.

i seen decent battery with kings 11 while i used it...

when i get a new phone in the next week or so ill give it another go.

nets kernel really keeps my phone cool.

I thought your phone was having big issues with reboots and overheating and stuff like that? I also thought you were gonna return to stock and see what happens to see if you need to get your EVO replaced.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Soooo I decided to give this kernel once last shot. I think I know what went wrong the first time. Being the impatient bastard that I am I went straight to SetPCU and cranked it to 1267 lol... This time, I just left it at 998 and so far it's been good. I'm gonna give it a few days to compare the battery life to netarchy 4.1.9.1. bGS11 seems to be faster at 998 then netarchy was at 1152 unless it's all in my head. Gonna try and crank it up a bit soon...

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought your phone was having big issues with reboots and overheating and stuff like that? I also thought you were gonna return to stock and see what happens to see if you need to get your EVO replaced.

well ive been keeping it on "light duty" lol, im going to take it into sprint tomorrow.
it has not rebooted last night at all or even today, i even played a bunch of angry birds today with no avail on the reboot, battery meter said my battery temp was 100 and it still didnt reboot.

At sprint they told me its going to take atleast 2 days for them to "order" a evo, so i figured why go in on a saturday and have to wait more days with it stock, so id figure i would do it all tomorrow, i got the pc136 or whatever file on my sd card ready to go.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... what would cause a kernel to suck up resources? or really just slow the phone down if nothing is really going on? I flashed BFS11 just to see what kind of benchmark numbers I can pull... at 1152 I can't do better than 700 in quadrant, and 17 in linpack. At 1267 I can't do better than 800 in quadrant and 19 in linpack. What gives?

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
So, I've been considering flashing a new kernel. I'm currently running the stock htc kernel with Fresh 3.4.0.1, and I really don't know what my best option would be. I *WAS* going to flash kings BFS 11... but, now that I'm seeing some of you like netarchy's better... I'm stuck again. Any input would be really valuable :)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I'd say just try both. Kings BFS11 seems to be a little more picky with which Evo's it works for. Whereas netarchy seems to work across the board. I have noticed that the netarchy 4.1.9.1 kernels dont seem to take advantage of the screen off profiles in setpcu though. I don't get the flatline when the screen is off and unused like I do with Kings and even Baked Snack...

Reactions: ChaosShadow

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Im Boycotting anything King... I've decided... Its just Wrong to force Premium downloads on people...

RIP Liquid E

It had so much potential

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Im Boycotting anything King... I've decided... Its just Wrong to force Premium downloads on people...

RIP Liquid E

It had so much potential

You know what... between that and his **** not even working right.. I'm right there with you bro... That Liquid E had so much potential. To force premium membership to get ANYTHING is ridiculous. It goes against what Android is about..

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You know what... between that and his **** not even working right.. I'm right there with you bro... That Liquid E had so much potential. To force premium membership to get ANYTHING is ridiculous. It goes against what Android is about..

Personally this is me...

on-strike1.jpg

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
But in all Seriousness

Does this Kernel work for anyone...

I tested and it broke my Wimax again...

King is lucky I know how to fix this krap