CyanogenMod 6.1.1

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed this and like it. I've been on vaelpak for quite a while and wanted a change.

Two quick questions

1. Which wireless tether app should I install with this one. It didn't seem like it was preinstalled.

2. Is there an update I need to get the new market. I had to install inmt in vaelpak.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember the link. If you pm me your gmail ill send you the zip file. Make sure you put it root of sd card. Delete the old market with Titanium and flash the zip in recovery.

Reactions: fkpalm

pmorris

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
6.1.1 and outstanding issues

Does anyone know whether this update fixes the issue with SMS (fails if text is more than a page) and the phone ringtone failure (phone fails to ring on incoming calls)?

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know whether this update fixes the issue with SMS (fails if text is more than a page) and the phone ringtone failure (phone fails to ring on incoming calls)?

No on sms and I don't have a ringer problem. Seriously I have never understood why people can not send a txt message seperately. It let's you know when you are running out of characters. As you run out. Just send and continue typing your message.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Another dumb noobie question for Cyanogen, but where the heck is the voicemail app? I can't find it anywhere...am I totally losing my mind?

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am new to rom updates and I lost all my Google apps including the market. Can someone give me a step by step on how I can flash g apps. I have 6.1 rom running
And I am really liking it but miserable without my apps and market
Fred

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am new to rom updates and I lost all my Google apps including the market. Can someone give me a step by step on how I can flash g apps. I have 6.1 rom running
And I am really liking it but miserable without my apps and market
Fred

Right at the source: HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

Another dumb noobie question for Cyanogen, but where the heck is the voicemail app? I can't find it anywhere...am I totally losing my mind?

You have to find and install the Sprint Visual Voicemail APK, I believe a link is floating around here and at the thread at xda (here it is: Sprint VVM for CM6 Working HERO and EVO - xda-developers) Or you can get an app from market called YouMail

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for help I flashed the g app from cyanogenmod and got most of my g apps back but my market is still not working keeps on force closing and sprint TV is no were to be found. Any help will be appreciated
Fred