Reinstall preloaded Evo apps

soheil621

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my Evo with unrEVOked. I got excited with being able to remove preloaded apps, so I deleted bunch of things that seemed to be safe to remove. the only problem that i face now is that I dont get the facebook contacts no more. I tried to go to menu> accounts & sync and the facebook account was not there. So i tried to add it back but it does not function. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? thanks in advanced

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my Evo with unrEVOked. I got excited with being able to remove preloaded apps, so I deleted bunch of things that seemed to be safe to remove. the only problem that i face now is that I dont get the facebook contacts no more. I tried to go to menu> accounts & sync and the facebook account was not there. So i tried to add it back but it does not function. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? thanks in advanced

Did you make a backup before you started deleting all the apps? I hope so and if so just go into recovery and flash your backup to rooted stock form.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: soheil621

soheil621

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you make a backup before you started deleting all the apps? I hope so and if so just go into recovery and flash your backup to rooted stock form.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Well I thought by backing up with Titanium Backup I can retrieve any uninstalled apps. I just noticed that is not the case. It seems the backups are deleted when the app is removed, correct me if I'm wrong. So is there anyway to get the file of a certain app?

soheil621

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I'm very new to this. All I know I went through the instruction of a app that I got from unrevoked.com. What happens if I do a factory reset? And if I need to flash a rooted ROM, where would I get the info for that? I looked all over this site and other sites, all I got was more confused. Thanks

ps, what is the best way to back up all the apps and data that I have. I used Titanium Backup to backup all the apps, but all the apps that I uninstalled were removed with their backup. So I don't know how to backup so I would not loose the data I have.

Last edited:

soheil621

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I did, but that did not fix the issue. The thing is that there are two fb apps. The one I deleted I think was called Facebook Sense and is not in the app store.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I did, but that did not fix the issue. The thing is that there are two fb apps. The one I deleted I think was called Facebook Sense and is not in the app store.

The link with the Sprint lover's ROM is what you want.

Titanium backup does not remove the backup once the app is removed. You can scroll to the very bottom of the app list and find the backups for removed apps. They have a strikethrough line in the middle of those listings.

Reactions: soheil621