update failed while Rooting bootloader screen HELP PLEASE!

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1st time rooter and my radio and bootloader failed so my update failed md5 check matched now its asking me to reboot...Help Please:'(

Last edited:

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Can you access HBoot?

With the phone off, Press and hold Power + Vol Down. If you can access the HBoot screen you can get somewhere.

BTW, what version HBoot were you trying to load?

Were you rooted before you tried flashing things?

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you access HBoot?

With the phone off, Press and hold Power + Vol Down. If you can access the HBoot screen you can get somewhere.

BTW, what version HBoot were you trying to load?

Were you rooted before you tried flashing things?

no I was doing my 1st root from stock.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, I would recommend that you start by charging your battery up to full.

Once you are up to charge, the next thing you want to do is to flash a recovery. I like using Amon_RAs recovery (see the link in my signature). You want to use the PC36IMG.zip method.

FYI, whenever you boot into the bootloader, your phone will think you want to re-install the stock ROM, which is named PC36IMG.zip and that is why so many things use that as a start point.

Lastly, which rooting method are you trying? What was your last successful step?

That knowledge will help to get you back on track.

Reactions: Misayeh

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, I would recommend that you start by charging your battery up to full.

Once you are up to charge, the next thing you want to do is to flash a recovery. I like using Amon_RAs recovery (see the link in my signature). You want to use the PC36IMG.zip method.

FYI, whenever you boot into the bootloader, your phone will think you want to re-install the stock ROM, which is named PC36IMG.zip and that is why so many things use that as a start point.

Lastly, which rooting method are you trying? What was your last successful step?

That knowledge will help to get you back on track.

I was trying unrevolked forever step by step instructions, My last successful step was step 13 and then the update failed. Now Im just trying to get back to stock. Is this the proper method to help me get there?

Thank you so much.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was trying unrevolked forever step by step instructions, My last successful step was step 13 and then the update failed. Now Im just trying to get back to stock. Is this the proper method to help me get there?

Thank you so much.

Were you following my guide in this forum or a different guide?

- If the radio fails to update that is OK.

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I hit enter after sync and sync popped up again...then I went to the following step bootloader. is there anyway I can pull up my command prompt to show history?

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
no its not still open unfortunately I started rooting at 2 am and closed it when I thought I bricked it. yes I pressed enter after every line. When I pulled up the bootloader it was saying some file had "no image" in green..idk if that helps

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
when i use the power button and volume rocker it goes to hboot...sd checking laoding pc3img.zip no image loading diag no image or wrong image and asks do i want to start up date

when I just use the power button im at the white screen

Misayeh

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When I update the phone the radio fails and it says bootloader fail IC image check failed. it asks me to reboot i say no so it takes me to the bootloader screen with the options:

fastboot
recovery
clear storage
simlock
hboot usb

Sound familiar? o_O

Last edited:

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When I update the phone the radio fails and it says bootloader fail IC image check failed. Sound familiar? o_O

Actually yes - someone else had this problem and it was resolved in the main thread.

I think it was the misc partition flash but I'm not 100% sure.

You can't boot back in to android at all right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo