lower benchmark after flashing roms?

camvvti

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, i ran a rooted stock 2.2 rom on my evo for a while, score was always between 1250-1300 on quadrant advanced with the first test. i then flashed evononsense rom, then also tried out fresh rom. Once i got running custom roms out of my system, i restored it back to a restore point before the flash. Everything works like the day before the flash, but the quadrant scores are now a wee bit above 1000 to a tad over 1200. only thing i have done differently is installing titanium backup an i doubt that has any effects since many here are speed freaks and are using tibackup. any ideas what got tweaked? or should i not even trip on the scores? it kinda hurts my rooted evo is scoring lower then a stock one on the results chart half the time:( thanks a bunch

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Word of advice, don't read much into benchmarks. Not even the devs do even though they provide the numbers for people... Still comes down to real world performance and not what some benchmarking program tells you.

camvvti

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
haha thanks a bunch guys, ill leave it as is. real world experience hasnt seemed to change at all. thanks!

Edit* actually, can one of u guys point me to a kernal u recommend? is it sumthing u flash separate from custom roms?

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea honestly most of the sense roms and kernal combos I have tried all end up around the same area within a few points.
The non sense roms seem to cook very good though, but I wouldnt rely on this
Also overclocking rarely yeilds me much different. i dont even over clock anymore

I am running MIKFROYO4.5 right now and the benchmarks are much lower then the other roms I run, but it feels the smoothest/fastest

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty