problem with Amon RA... Solutions?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have been using version 2.3 and it had no problems with it. The problem I ran into yesterday is that none of my nandroids will work. I even made a backup that day and it wouldn't work.

The only things that I backup is boot, system, data and wimax.

When I try to restore it starts for literary a sec and then says:
oops... something went wrong!
please check the recovery log!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but to check it I just go to other and move recovery.log to SD?

If so then I tried that and I get the same response when trying to restore the backup.

Now the things I have tried:
Re-installed through my bootloader with the PC36IMG. Same result
Flashed clockworkmod and then tried to re-install amon through rom manager. same result.

So, anyone know what is going on or a solution?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm a member there and I'll PM him to see if he is aware of it of or if it is some rare occurrence. My luck it would be something rare.

I been using Amon for a long time and never had any issues with. Spoke highly of it and even recommend it to others. Hope this can be fixed so I can continue to speak highly of it.

If I find something out I'll post in case some is having the same luck as me

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't have to PM him. (Yet anyways :))

As I was reading the last 3 pages on his thread someone mentioned formatting a card. This got me thinking what happen a few days ago. I had my phone in disk drive when hooked to my laptop and for some reason it disconnected and reconnected. Well then the laptop wanted to scan or scan and fix if there was a problem. I think I hit scan and fix, and it said nothing was wrong no fix.(something like that) Didn't think anything of it until I seen the formatting mentioned.

So before I finished reading and even PMing Amon, I put my original card in (which as a backup of cm7) and it restored just fine.

So I'm thinking something might have messed up so I'm going to reformat my new card again and try it out. I also made a nandroid of my current set so I don't have to do it again.

Hope it works!

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It looks like it. I had to clear the whole card and start fresh.

First I formatted it and then put the old back on. That caused the same thing. Guess a file that was crucial got corrupted. Now to add one thing at a time that I had before to see what I can use and what I can't.

With a clean card I went ahead and made a backup and then tried to restore it to see if it would work. IT DID!!

Now I need to update my cm7. I think the backup I got is build 6. The one with wimax added.

Stupid Microsoft!!! Just because I don't have a WP7 guess they thought I shouldn't be able to use mine :) lol

I'm just glad it is working!

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
It looks like it. I had to clear the whole card and start fresh.

First I formatted it and then put the old back on. That caused the same thing. Guess a file that was crucial got corrupted. Now to add one thing at a time that I had before to see what I can use and what I can't.

With a clean card I went ahead and made a backup and then tried to restore it to see if it would work. IT DID!!

Now I need to update my cm7. I think the backup I got is build 6. The one with wimax added.

Stupid Microsoft!!! Just because I don't have a WP7 guess they thought I shouldn't be able to use mine :) lol

I'm just glad it is working!

well i put the opld card in and it works....wonder if it had something to do with MIUI...maybe the themes from MIUI too...not sure....good thing i read yur post BRO....formatting as we speak.....let me know if it eva happened again....

whats up guy....the same thing just happend to me....i got a new card today and transfered everything over.....made a new backup of SZ ROM and flashed MUIU....now i wanted to go back to SZ ROM and got the error....so should i put the old ard back in and formatt the new card?

Last edited:

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard or read some where do not let windows scan and fix problem. Just eject from the PC and retry. Ask again just say no.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
whats up guy....the same thing just happend to me....i got a new card today and transfered everything over.....made a new backup of SZ ROM and flashed MUIU....now i wanted to go back to SZ ROM and got the error....so should i put the old ard back in and formatt the new card?

What worked for me (before the whole scan and fix issue) was to put my new card in the card reader and format it on the computer. I use Windows 7 and it already had it at fat32 by default. Once that was done and before I put in back in my phone I transfer everything from my old card to my new one. Everything went smooth and painless.

If that doesn't work then you might want to format and just start with nothing on it from the old card. That is what worked for me after the whole scan and fix.

Hope you get it working.