z4root wont temp root my evo anymore? any help?

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed z4root, ran the temp root option and got it to work. i did a titanium back up and was almost ready to go and fully root my phone when it restarted itself for no reason.

ever since that random reboot i can not get the temp root option to work again. i've tried clearing all the data, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. i need to be able to temp root since i want to use titanium backup so i dont have to reinstall everything and lose all my app data after i root.

does anyone know how i can get temp root to work again? i'm on all the latest software, hboot, etc.

thanks for the help!

badday17

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity are you unmounting your sd card? If not try that and see what happens. I’ve done 4 evo in the last 2day with the same hardware and software as yours..

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity are you unmounting your sd card? If not try that and see what happens. I?ve done 4 evo in the last 2day with the same hardware and software as yours..

No I have not tried that. So I unmount the sd card with the options or physically remove it from the phone?

If I just go to storage options and hit unmount. Do I try to temp root right after I unmounted it or what was the exact process that you used?

Thanks for the help!

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I used Z4root for about a week. Just as the temp option. It does not work on the permanent option.

Yea I've only tried to use the temp option. I had it working about three weeks ago and after the random phone reboot I could never get the temp root to work again

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Temp root works.

I needed to copy over app data, so I used Z4root to temp root the phone. You do have to disable the SD card, which I did by pluggin the phone in and turning on "Disk Drive Mode" (which cuts off access to the SD card from the phone).

Then I ran z4root and rooted the phone.

Then I turned the usb mode back to charge only, started up Titanium Backup and made my backups.

It's kind of annoying, but served my purposes, where I was trying to help someone out with their phone.

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Unmounting the sd card via the storage settings worked!

All I did was go to settings-SD & storage-unmount sd card... once I got the notification saying the as card was unmounted I opened z4root and ran the temp root. It worked on the first try.

Thanks for the help everyone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress