Photo ? in text messages

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok, quick question, is anyone having trouble sending and or recieving photos from the gallery in text messages? I get a text with a photo and it never downloads.... I try to send a photo and it never sends. Just stays in a "sending " loop then it eventually alerts me that the send / download failed. I can "share" pictures from the gallery to Twitter, Facebook and email just fine. I have an unrooted EVO using Handcent as my main text message app. I have tried a battery pull with no luck and a data reset through the "Applications" settings but not a total factory reset yet. Don't want to unless I have too, LOL. Anyone have this happen before and if so what fixed it? Thanks in advance...

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, quick question, is anyone having trouble sending and or recieving photos from the gallery in text messages? I get a text with a photo and it never downloads.... I try to send a photo and it never sends. Just stays in a "sending " loop then it eventually alerts me that the send / download failed. I can "share" pictures from the gallery to Twitter, Facebook and email just fine. I have an unrooted EVO using Handcent as my main text message app. I have tried a battery pull with no luck and a data reset through the "Applications" settings but not a total factory reset yet. Don't want to unless I have too, LOL. Anyone have this happen before and if so what fixed it? Thanks in advance...

No problems here. Before you reset, have you just tried uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it?

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No problems here. Before you reset, have you just tried uninstalling handcent and reinstalling it?
Ahh, nope. That is the one thing I haven't tried. I'll do it now. Seems I'm not the only one with this issue though. Over in the EVO 3d forum theres a post just like mine with a 3d owner and another evo owner that have this issue and it started yesterday for all of us. Strange.

EvoJumper

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ahh, nope. That is the one thing I haven't tried. I'll do it now. Seems I'm not the only one with this issue though. Over in the EVO 3d forum theres a post just like mine with a 3d owner and another evo owner that have this issue and it started yesterday for all of us. Strange.

Mine has done that before. I think it's just a bug with handcent. hope it fixes it for you.

swrve

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
try moving all your apps to your sd card. this worked for me, i guess i had to free up some room on my phone for it to be able to send and recieve pictures on handcent.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me every once in a while, and when it does, I can usually open the regular messaging app and download or send the file there. It will then show up in handcent as well.

Kludgy work around, but it usually works. When it doesn't a quick reboot usually starts the download again.

nnb

Tophersky

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My EVO didn't start doing this until after I installed Handcent. I stopped using Handcent once GB came out, it's only happened again once or twice since then.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that Handcent isn't installed on your SD card. I had this problem before like the OP.
I figured that Hmmm... Maybe there is a conflict because Handcent and the photo gallery is on the SD card.

And that the phone trying to read both at same time creates this said conflict? So I moved Handcent back to the phone's memory and Vola! it sent pictures from the gallery
in about 10 seconds or so.

Hope this helps!

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
How did you put Handcent on the sd card? Mine doesn't even have the option to do that. I did however try to completely un install Handcent, reboot the phone and then tried to send pictures via stock app. No dice... Still cannot send any pics via text. Thanks for the idea though... I had my fingers crossed. Sad I'll be stuck with a phone that doesn't send picture via text untill next year. :(

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
How did you put Handcent on the sd card? Mine doesn't even have the option to do that. I did however try to completely un install Handcent, reboot the phone and then tried to send pictures via stock app. No dice... Still cannot send any pics via text. Thanks for the idea though... I had my fingers crossed. Sad I'll be stuck with a phone that doesn't send picture via text untill next year. :(

I'm not sure but for me am able to send handcent to the sd card.However, I just swithces to go SMS. It is very similar to handcent. For me it seems to run better. Especially, I found that handcent kept my phone awake when I didn't open a received message. Which would kill my battery.
Go SMS doesn't do this. Plus I like the doodle and voice message feature on go SMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87