EVO for $49.99? Am I missing something?...

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The "math" of the EVO pricing seems to be as follows (as discussed elsewhere, and even in some Sprint releases)...

$449.99 (initial price) - $150.00 (two-year activation) - $100.00 (mail-in rebate, or instant Best Buy / Radio Shack rebate) = $199.99 (final price).

OK, I get that. Fairly straightforward. But there's another potential(?) savings that I haven't seen discussed on here. In my Sprint account, there's this language: "We love you, and to say thanks for spending time with us, you qualified on 08/01/08 to save $150."

So, can I actually get this phone for $49.99?...

$449.99 (initial price) - $150.00 (two-year activation) - $100.00 (mail-in rebate, or instant Best Buy / Radio Shack rebate) - $150.00 (Sprint "qualification" as described above) = $49.99 (final price).

In my mind, the $150 savings I get for agreeing to extend my contract by 2 years is *different* than the $150 savings I *should* get for being eligible for a phone upgrade. Anybody off the street can sign up for a 2-year contract. But the $150 "qualification" I pasted above is a reward for my loyalty to the company (so to speak). So, I should be able to get the phone for $49.99 (as long as I agree to extend my contract 2 years). Am I wrong here? Is this some sort of sneaky language or fine print situation?

I apologize for my ignorance - thanks for any insight...

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok... ya no..

that 150 they are saying is your phone upgrade. You dont get another 150 off the phone.

im sorry but is everyone that keeps asking this new to sprint or something. The 150 upgrade deal is not new at all.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I agree, I think the 150 you get off on that date is your upgrade, which is essentially like the 2 year activation price. The device will still be the 199.99. I couldnt see them letting that device go for 49.99 anytime soon.

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
ok... ya no..

that 150 they are saying is your phone upgrade. You dont get another 150 off the phone.

im sorry but is everyone that keeps asking this new to sprint or something. The 150 upgrade deal is not new at all.

So the follow-up question, then, is: Will I have to extend my current agreement by 2 years, or does the "phone upgrade" perk mean I get the $150 off (for a final price of $199.99) without having to extend my agreement by 2 years?

Sorry, but while I'm not "new to Sprint," I don't know much about their plans, policies, or fine print. Not all of us have that stuff memorized. That's why I'm kindly asking these questions. As I said before, I appreciate any info. Thanks...

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So the follow-up question, then, is: Will I have to extend my current agreement by 2 years, or does the "phone upgrade" perk mean I get the $150 off (for a final price of $199.99) without having to extend my agreement by 2 years?

Sorry, but while I'm not "new to Sprint," I don't know much about their plans, policies, or fine print. Not all of us have that stuff memorized. That's why I'm kindly asking these questions. As I said before, I appreciate any info. Thanks...

but you do know how to read?????? correct?

so READ all about it on the Sprint website... OR READ it on here....
it's all over the place.. you just need to READ it.:rolleyes:

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

The simple answer to this is no. The $150 is to make the phone $199.99. BB and Radio Shack are simply offering the $100 instant instead of making you pay $299.99 and getting the mail in rebate.

And yes, you do have to renew your contract for 2 years to get the $199.99.

r-nice

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The simple answer to this is no. The $150 is to make the phone $199.99. BB and Radio Shack are simply offering the $100 instant instead of making you pay $299.99 and getting the mail in rebate.

And yes, you do have to renew your contract for 2 years to get the $199.99.

Question Answered

Exstatica

May 3, 2010
www.exstatica.net
I just did this not to long ago. My contact had about 6 months left on it. So what Sprint did was this:

Extended my contract and gave me $75.00 credit on my account
Left my $150.00 upgrade intact.

$449.99 - $150.00 - $75.00 = $224.99

Now the question is, will sprint let me extend my contact again to get the $100.00 off? I dunno. But we'll find out.

Thats essentially what I'll be paying for the EVO as an existing customer.

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Sprint bent over backwards to get me as a customer. When I switched they paid off my contract. When I called around to possibly switch from sprint not one other carrier offered to pay off my contract.

No other carrier offers 'some extra' to get customers.

Nick99EXB

May 12, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Sprint Diamond in Nov of 2008. I got a credit for renewing my contract and another loyalty credit. I have a 5 line family plan so I renewed all 5 lines and ended up having a credit of $100 with sprint just for getting a new phone.

In my experience if you call sprint and dont like their answer then call back in 5 min and you will get told something completely different.