tools
    i don't use a BT headset but this one looks good -

Jawbone - Icon The Hero Bluetooth Headset - Black - 34142BBR

has anyone ever used it?
    05-20-2010 11:24 AM
    i don't use a BT headset but this one looks good -

Jawbone - Icon The Hero Bluetooth Headset - Black - 34142BBR

has anyone ever used it?
    Arguably the best on the market. Mine works well.
    05-20-2010 11:27 AM
    I have one and it's great.
    05-20-2010 01:38 PM
    RadioShack is offering an additional $10 off for taking a short online survey. So, that's $20 credit toward accessories plus an additional $10 off for taking the survey and printing out the coupon. The Shack rep I talked to said I could use the coupon toward the EVO purchase.

I'm glad I went to The Shack...the employee at my local Best Buy was such a jerk. Twan, is there an email address that one could use to email someone about a very disrespectful employee at my local Best Buy Mobile dept.? This guy reflects badly on the company, and efectively lost a customer in me.
    My RS store said I couldn't use the $10 off on the phone because there was already a rebate on the phone. The coupon says it can't be combined with other offers. I'm going to give it a try though when I go to pick up the phone.
    05-20-2010 03:52 PM
    RadioShack is offering an additional $10 off for taking a short online survey. So, that's $20 credit toward accessories plus an additional $10 off for taking the survey and printing out the coupon. The Shack rep I talked to said I could use the coupon toward the EVO purchase.

I'm glad I went to The Shack...the employee at my local Best Buy was such a jerk. Twan, is there an email address that one could use to email someone about a very disrespectful employee at my local Best Buy Mobile dept.? This guy reflects badly on the company, and efectively lost a customer in me.
    no, there is just the 1-888-bestbuy phone number
    05-20-2010 04:31 PM
    Will Best Buy be matching Sprint's $450 MSRP price for the phone?
    We only match the after rebate price, but that is up to the store so i would ask.
    05-20-2010 04:32 PM
    Arguably the best on the market. Mine works well.
    My vote still goes to the Plantronics voyager pro due to the superior noise canceling.
    05-20-2010 04:35 PM
    My RS store said I couldn't use the $10 off on the phone because there was already a rebate on the phone. The coupon says it can't be combined with other offers. I'm going to give it a try though when I go to pick up the phone.
    That's what i read on another forum but i didn't speak on it until i knew the facts.
    05-20-2010 04:36 PM
    I just called another local RadioShack store and asked the employee who answered. He said that was a good question and that he will ask. He came back a minute later to say, yes...you can use the $10 survey coupon toward your EVO purchase.
    05-20-2010 04:52 PM
    I was at BB tonight buying headphones for my wife's phone and asked if they would match RS in anyway. I was told no.
    I then asked if they might be giving anything with the phone to counter RS's $20 accessory credit and again was told no.
    05-20-2010 08:42 PM
    I'm either waiting for the BlueAnt T1 or I'm going to pic up a Q1 on E-bay. Jawbone doesn't have such great reviews.
    05-20-2010 10:31 PM
    I was at BB tonight buying headphones for my wife's phone and asked if they would match RS in anyway. I was told no.
    I then asked if they might be giving anything with the phone to counter RS's $20 accessory credit and again was told no.
    The person that you talked to obviously hasn't read their e-mail. You will see it in TV ads soon.
    05-20-2010 11:06 PM
    Maybe you could answer this, i talked about it in the RS thread. How come BB isn't running the credit checks the day of preorder? I think it would make more sense to get atleast that out of the way, considering the herds of people expected to show up early June 4. I already ordered at BB and will be sticking with them, but it seems like RS is taking things a lil more seriously IMO
    05-20-2010 11:36 PM
    so are you saying there gonna be giving away the headset at best buy with the pre order of the evo
    05-21-2010 12:43 AM
    I'm either waiting for the BlueAnt T1 or I'm going to pic up a Q1 on E-bay. Jawbone doesn't have such great reviews.
    i like these ... thanks for sharing ... i like how the q1 reads your text messages
    05-21-2010 07:54 AM
    so has anyone heard if this is gonna be true or would best buy match the radio shack deal... Thanks
    05-21-2010 03:58 PM
    Maybe you could answer this, i talked about it in the RS thread. How come BB isn't running the credit checks the day of preorder? I think it would make more sense to get atleast that out of the way, considering the herds of people expected to show up early June 4. I already ordered at BB and will be sticking with them, but it seems like RS is taking things a lil more seriously IMO
    Its part of BB's whole phone sign up process. I was told they can do it, but they will still have to do it again when they sign you up for a plan.
    05-21-2010 04:09 PM
    so has anyone heard if this is gonna be true or would best buy match the radio shack deal... Thanks
    It's true. I just left Best Buy. I'll tell you what, the people who complain about this phone being too big and heavy are nuts. I got to check out the demo and and it feels great. It's not at all top heavy like one reviewer wrote either. It's going to be an awesome day on June 4th. They are opening early at the store I pre ordered. Opening at 8am just for the Evo to do customer tutorials. After spending about a half hour with the mobile manager and another potential customer he asked me where I got all my info from. Said he was impressed with my knowledge of the device. I told him to come check out the site.
    05-21-2010 06:22 PM
    so are you saying there gonna be giving away the headset at best buy with the pre order of the evo
    no its not with the pre-order, it's with the purchase of the phone... If we did it with the pre-order then people would come and get a free bluetooth without any intentions of purchasing the phone.
    05-21-2010 08:19 PM
    Its part of BB's whole phone sign up process. I was told they can do it, but they will still have to do it again when they sign you up for a plan.
    That is correct, the system we use is beast... It's a system that would make us have to run the credit twice. we have the same system that RS uses, that is called snap that would allow us to run credit in advance but that system is far slower.

basically snap with pre-ran credit would equal to the same time spent to do the whole transaction with our system... It's really not that big of a deal.
    05-21-2010 08:23 PM
    That is correct, the system we use is beast... It's a system that would make us have to run the credit twice. we have the same system that RS uses, that is called snap that would allow us to run credit in advance but that system is far slower.

basically snap with pre-ran credit would equal to the same time spent to do the whole transaction with our system... It's really not that big of a deal.

You make it sound like a 15 minute process.

Log in, enter customers account number, enter new esn, pick plan, print contract , close. Total time spent about 3 minutes max on a slow internet day.

Vs re-entering credit information and running the credit check then going back to the entire previous steps.

Just saying, mis-information shouldnt be given.
    05-21-2010 08:28 PM
    You make it sound like a 15 minute process.

Log in, enter customers account number, enter new esn, pick plan, print contract , close. Total time spent about 3 minutes max on a slow internet day.

Vs re-entering credit information and running the credit check then going back to the entire previous steps.

Just saying, mis-information shouldnt be given.
    I have no idea what you're talking about... I'm just saying, using Beast takes me about 5 min. to activate a phone on one of my slow days... Are you a radio shack employee or something?
    05-21-2010 10:17 PM
    Rather than this thread being a simple informative thread, it's turned into a bit*hfest. Thank you twan2001 for the information.
    05-21-2010 10:30 PM
    Rather than this thread being a simple informative thread, it's turned into a bit*hfest. Thank you twan2001 for the information.
    Lol, Thanks... I know for a fact that Best Buy isn't perfect but we have to be doing something right.
    05-21-2010 10:38 PM
    Twan, thanks for the heads-up. I preordered my Evo at my local BB, and the girl that helped me was awesome. Kinda cute, too .

Quick question: I've seen that some BB's are doing appointments, and others are not. Mine didn't. Do you know if they're opening earlier on 6/4? I would imagine it's business as usual, and the girl did mention that the 4th would be "All Hands On Deck", but they only had 3 registers, so that won't be too many hands. Just wondering how I should plan my day. Thanks again for the info ...
    05-21-2010 11:18 PM
120 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD