Battery life: Mosspuppet vs. Engadget

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So Mosspuppet (no, not the puppet, but The Puppet) weighed in on what he saw in battery life (it sucks), but Engadget saw the exact opposite (3 1/2 of continuously streaming HD over 4G). So, who's right and who's wrong?

jfelectron

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
You should clarify Mosspuppet in the correct namespace: com.appplefanboys.MossJobsoPuppet . When has he never not absolulely luved an Apple device? Ummm....never to my recollection. Many reviews mention the limitations of 4G, but I think this is to be expected given the infancy.

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Engadget's recent podcast elaborates on the battery life of the Evo.

If you have a strong and constant 4G singal, 3.5 hours can be achieved.

However, if you're in an area that switches from 1X to 3G to 4G and back, you're battery life will be less because the constant switching of radios will reduce battery life.

That has to be taken into account.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Big Moss probably really pounded the HD video streaming non-stop which IMO is the #1 battery killer. also - turn off WIFI and GPS when not in use. normal daily usage pattern will be different.

also, the battery needs some time and a few cycles to "condition".

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Big Moss probably really pounded the HD video streaming non-stop which IMO is the #1 battery killer. also - turn off WIFI and GPS when not in use. normal daily usage pattern will be different.

also, the battery needs some time and a few cycles to "condition".

No they don't. These aren't Ni-Cd batteries or something.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
No they don't. These aren't Ni-Cd batteries or something.

or something?

you are confusing battery "memory" with "conditioning". yes these are lithium batteries that do not have a memory but their performance increases after a few charge/deplete cycles aka "conditioning".

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I never expect to get more than 2 hours use on modern smart phones these days.
Even laptops never seem to get as long as they say, for me at least. Maybe I use them more than the average person, unsure.

I already ordered a 1750mAh battery and may order another one if need be. Unless you are always near a charger that is usually the best option.

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I never expect to get more than 2 hours use on modern smart phones these days.
Even laptops never seem to get as long as they say, for me at least. Maybe I use them more than the average person, unsure.

I already ordered a 1750mAh battery and may order another one if need be. Unless you are always near a charger that is usually the best option.

Where did you find a 1750mah battery for the EVO? I have heard that the Hero battery will work but was wondering if it's the Sprint Hero or the unlocked GSM Hero battery or both that will work with the EVO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa