EVERYTHING you want to know about RadioShack's launch... and more.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok gents,

The word is out. RadioShack will have Evo launch set up quite nicely.

Only 1,000 locations throughout the nation will have demos beginning THIS WEEK. I know a few in my city have a demo live and active already. So if you want to play with one now, RadioShack is the place.

As known, some RadioShacks will open at 6am for the pre-order customers ONLY. This 6am opening is NOT for regular customers, but for customers who want their pre-ordered Evo's. Although the stores will be open to the general public, the real attention is to those that pre-ordered their devices. Pretty sweet.

BEST DEAL ON ACCESSORIES. Yes. RadioShack is known for those, so why fail this time? RadioShack will have in stock only one accessory meant only for the Evo: the invisible shield screen protector. However, they have a lot of other accessories such as chargers, cases and other screen protectors that they will have on the 4th. Soon thereafter (AFTER the 4th), RadioShack will sell HTC skins, more HTC protectors, holsters and.... the HDMI- a-d cable. The DEAL here is that:

1) Those that pre-ordered will receive their $20 accessory credit
2) on top of credit, pre-order customers will receive 15% off their wireless accessories (up to 3 of them) on the same ticket as their purchase.
3) Those that did not pre-order will receive 10% off the accessories.

Finally, those that pre-ordered will have their own appointment time, and should be called by phone sometime this week.

If you have any questions, please indulge!

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Any news on how many shacks wil have a temp 4g hotspot setup in store?

Also any info or pics of official accessories at launch through RS .. (any Seidio type hosters for example)

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I do not think there will be any temp 4g spots in our stores. I am a top 1000 sprint store in the company, and there is no word about this given to me.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You can find all the pictures of it at the RadioShack website. The other accessories are not available yet, and I have no pictures of. Will update this when they start coming in, or more information is sent.

According to one of the managers, only the ones in the 4G cities will have the hotspot, and not even all of those. Only a few will will. It's not a national rollout.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
You can find all the pictures of it at the RadioShack website. The other accessories are not available yet, and I have no pictures of. Will update this when they start coming in, or more information is sent.

According to one of the managers, only the ones in the 4G cities will have the hotspot.

Even this I would doubt. I am in a 4g area at my store and we have heard nothing about it.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
the 4g spots were only in 4g cities. They are repeaters to enhance the existing 4G signal, not pipe it into areas that dont have it.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Even this I would doubt. I am in a 4g area at my store and we have heard nothing about it.

There are already radioshacks being remodeled slightly in order to fit the hotspot in the 4G areas. I have heard nothing except that from one of the managers, however. I would believe it, since Sprint is planning on doing the same with wal-mart stores.

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
There are already radioshacks being remodeled slightly in order to fit the hotspot in the 4G areas. I have heard nothing except that from one of the managers, however. I would believe it, since Sprint is planning on doing the same with wal-mart stores.

I am not saying your wrong, as I can't speak for all 5000 stores, but I am a store manager in a 4g area, and I know there is no remodeling being done anywhere in my area for this.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not saying your wrong, as I can't speak for all 5000 stores, but I am a store manager in a 4g area, and I know there is no remodeling being done anywhere in my area for this.

Oh I completely understand. Well as one of the managers here said, it is not occurring nationwide, just a few 4G stores. None in your city? I even saw a picture of one being re-modeled a few days ago.

Honestly, I think Sprint is looking to install 4G towers in RadioShacks and Wal-Marts across the nation in order to have a speedier build-up of their 4G network.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So wait... when you say only the invisible shield for Evo, that means there are no specific Evo cases? That would be a real shame because I preordered at a really small Shack and they don't have a lot've stuff (nothing much I wanted) and I already bought an Invisible Shield awhile ago. Now I won't have anything to do with my 20$ credit.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So wait... when you say only the invisible shield for Evo, that means there are no specific Evo cases? That would be a real shame because I preordered at a really small Shack and they don't have a lot've stuff (nothing much I wanted) and I already bought an Invisible Shield awhile ago. Now I won't have anything to do with my 20$ credit.

Yes, unfortunately you are correct. No specific Evo cases until later in the month.

However, you can use it for a car charger, another home charger, a universal case, towards a bluetooth headset, a pair of earphones, etc. RadioShack has lots of stuff. Im sure you can find a good use for a free $20.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Uruuum...

Just got off the phone with my local best buy, Elk Grove, Ca. ... (I'm so excited that its hard to type) sooo. They are planning a early launch, considering either midnight, or 6 Am, and will call the people that preordered.

I'm just itching thinking about this phone.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately you are correct. No specific Evo cases until later in the month.

However, you can use it for a car charger, another home charger, a universal case, towards a bluetooth headset, a pair of earphones, etc. RadioShack has lots of stuff. Im sure you can find a good use for a free $20.

Hmm... I already have 4 micro USB cords (I had a Pre), already have a headset, but I do need some earphones. Last time I went I saw something called Skull Candy but I didn't like that kind've earphone how it goes inside your ear. Like this:
EP4002_IN-EAR_HEADPHONES_1_m.jpg

Are there any normal type headphones at Radioshack? Like this:
EP4001_IN-EAR_HEADPHONES_1_m.jpg
or
AppleEarBuds1_headphone.jpg

reissc1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the call today from RS. Just as the OP says, they are opening at 6am. We set up an appointment time. He also confirmed the discount on accessories, but they will not have any evo specific accessories in stock. Can't wait till the 4th!

ataneja

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Uruuum...

Just got off the phone with my local best buy, Elk Grove, Ca. ... (I'm so excited that its hard to type) sooo. They are planning a early launch, considering either midnight, or 6 Am, and will call the people that preordered.

I'm just itching thinking about this phone.

Midnight launch would be epic...I ordered from RS so looks like the best I might get is 6am.

lshelmir

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in my earlier post, its hard to type (should have added to think), I also ordered from the Shack, and their the ones that I called.

If the phone doesn't get here soon enough, I won't have the mental faculty left to operate it.

reissc1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if it is possible to transfer your preorder to another location? I will be out of town on the 4th, and I would love to be able to pick it up in the other city. I know it is a longshot!

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I know we were #2 and 3 at our RS. I could hope for one more to do the pre-order, but 6AM won't work since my gf has to be at work at that time and the Sprint account is in her name. I will be kinda bummed if we get the call and can't make it that early.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer