Evo 4g or droid incredible

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hello this is my first post. Sorry was not sure where to put this. I currently have a iPhone but android looks compelling and seems to b progressing faster then iphone os. I can sign with any carrier and money is not a issue so what do you guys think evo 4g or droid incredible.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you ask the same question in the Incredible forum?

They both have their strength and weaknesses. I would recommend you check the coverage maps before choosing a carrier, that could make all the difference.

The Evo has a large display, 4G as well as dual cameras.

The Incredible has a beautiful AMOLED display

The Incredible is in short supply now though, so good luck getting one.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Perfectly aware. My Zune has an AMOLED in it and it's nigh unreadable in sunlight. I was just giving him a general outline of both devices. Super AMOLED solves that issue of sunlight.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
And the reason Inc is in short supply is due to AMOLED production issues. Has a higher failure rate.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would go with Evo. If Sprint and Verizon both have coverage where you need it, then there is no thinking about it, in my opinion. Sprint is the way to go.

I have tested Verizon's speeds in web browsing vs. Sprint's 3G using dslreports.com and Sprint ALWAYS 100% of the time came out faster. In several cities.

Also, you will be paying $79 for Evo per month for features that will cost you about $140 on Verizon. (GPS, TV, MusicPremier, etc... Plus text, minutes, web)

the Incredible is a great phone, but the Evo has everything the incredible has and more..... For less money per month. It's a better deal.

I say get Evo with Sprint. No question about it.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Depends on you location. For me, Verizon is a bit faster and more reliable for voice overall. And even though everyone says Sprint is cheaper - they cost the same for me because I don't need all of the stuff Sprint bundles (particularly now that Google Nav is out). I have been contemplating the same decision and chose Verizon and I am off to pick up an Incredible tomorrow. Plus, coming from an iPhone, I think the Inc with the 1750 mAh battery is going to last longer than the EVO and that is important to me. I don't really care about the screen in the sunlight problem - I can't see the iPhone's in the sunlight either.

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I think the Inc with the 1750 mAh battery is going to last longer than the EVO and that is important to me.

the oem battery on the HTC Incredible battery is only 1300 mAh battery either way you can get a extended battery for both of them threw Seidio thats 1750 mAh.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
the oem battery on the HTC Incredible battery is only 1300 mAh battery either way you can get a extended battery for both of them threw Seidio thats 1750 mAh.

That's what I meant - getting a Seidio 1750. That's a much bigger bump up on the Inc than going from the 1500 on the EVO. But the bottom line for me is Verizon just has better service where I use my phone the most - my home office.