EVO is Dead!

jrpope11

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Have had it since 9AM yesterday, has been working fine. Set up my mail and Exchange calendar on it. Downloaded some apps...turned it off this morning to re-boot and now it just keeps cycling throught the sprint 4g NOW startup screen. Have pulled the battery and it did not help.

NOW WHAT?

Jetdr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You will have to completely reset your phone. This happened to me also. Take the battery out. Reinstall the battery but don't turn it on. Hold the power button down along with the down volume button for several seconds. The phone will completely reset. Yes you will loose all your installed settings. Mine has been working fine since.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You will have to completely reset your phone. This happened to me also. Take the battery out. Reinstall the battery but don't turn it on. Hold the power button down along with the down volume button for several seconds. The phone will completely reset. Yes you will loose all your installed settings. Mine has been working fine since.

So, I did the reset and put my exchange info back in and, voila! The phone went right back to the reboot loop... Any ideas on if and when this will be fixed??

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So, is there a fix / workaround available for this? I rely on EAS for contacts and push email. This phone, for me, is nothing but a big black toy without EAS.

rquezada79

May 17, 2010
Visit site
this sux! i just had the same problem and thankfully the volume fix worked. any ideas when android 2.2 is rolling out to evo? eas support is important.

emaster101

May 17, 2010
Visit site
gksmithlcw:

this is from xda you might give this a try:
Here's what you have to do to get exchange server hooked up normally and not have a constant reboot!

Follow these steps and you will not have any problems.

1.) Hard reset your phone (VOLUME DOWN + POWER with the phone off)
You will have to go down to "CLEAR DATA", it will ask you to confirm.

2.) Let the phone reboot, everything will be erased. Setup your exchange and google account.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE A PASSWORD, USE A NUMBER AND A LETTER

3.) Go to the market place and search for "No Lock". Download it. Install it. Run it.

4.) Press the middle button to make the phone no longer require a lock.

(you can also use spaces as a password.)

steveymacjr

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The issue is with an all numeric PIN/Unlock code... if you change the PIN/Unlock code to an Alpha Numeric code, the phone will not get into the boot loop...
This HTC forum: Reboot loop after setting up Exchange ActiveSync - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community
is where i got the solution...
I experienced this because the Hosted Exchange provider I use requires a security code and I made the mistake of using an all numeric one, and got into the boot loop.... after several time doing this i came across that forum post, made my code alphanumeric, and haven't had a problem since!

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The issue is with an all numeric PIN/Unlock code... if you change the PIN/Unlock code to an Alpha Numeric code, the phone will not get into the boot loop...
This HTC forum: Reboot loop after setting up Exchange ActiveSync - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community
is where i got the solution...
I experienced this because the Hosted Exchange provider I use requires a security code and I made the mistake of using an all numeric one, and got into the boot loop.... after several time doing this i came across that forum post, made my code alphanumeric, and haven't had a problem since!

I was just coming to post this link and solution. Thanks! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez