Exchange ActiveSync account no longer checks for new mail

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an Exhange ActiveSync account on my EVO 4G (Sprint). I have it set to check for new mail "As items arrive", but it no longer checks for mail unless I do a manual refresh. I've tried changing the setting to check every 5 min but that doesn't work either. The problem seemed to started after the latest update to 2.3.5, but I can't be certain.

Anyone else having this problem or know a solution? This is really turning into a major hassle for me because I'm missing important messages.

Thanks.

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem on my 4g until I found time to check mail settings. After he lastest update this setting was changed.
Go to the mail program then/menu/more/settings/general settings & uncheck "refresh on open" now new mail will go direct to the phone & notify you when it arrives rather than having to open the mail to check for new.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
quad, I tried what you said. It didn't appear to work, but in looking around in Accounts & Sync, I saw another setting, "Auto-sync", which was unchecked. Sounds pretty important! I checked it, it seems to be working now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was more than an inconvenience, not having the mail checked automatically. I missed a lot of important things until much later because I didn't check for new stuff.

THANK YOU!

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
No problem, it helps us both. I check the "Auto Sync" on mine & it was checked OK. That may have been a previous upgrade for you? I did not have any problems until the last upgrade, 2.3.5

Keep on trucking EVO 4g, you still are the most reliable HTC phone.