Why do I keep getting BBC News notifications?

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
In the Notifications bar (upper left corner of the screen), I keep getting BBC News notifications and I don't know why.

I specifically checked to make sure that I only have the BBC News app on one of my 7 Sense screens. I have the Widget, but I don't have it on any of my screens, so I would think it's not "active" and I shouldn't be getting these notices. That Widgest seems to have come with the phone (along with many other stock Android Widgets).

This is the only notification I seem to get (beside the standard "4G available," "USB connected," etc.).

Anyone know how I can get rid of this? Thanks for any help...

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Go to "accounts and sync" > uncheck the box for news.

Lemme know if that worked. =)

I think that might be the answer, but I also noticed that things like "Stocks" were in that Accounts & Sync area... and I certainly haven't been getting any stock updates. Maybe I will at the close of the market(s) today? I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks so much for the quick response.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
the stocks app requires set up, and at least on my phone hasn't been pre-programed with dummy stocks. Also, i dont have any bbc app... didn't come with anything installed.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
mine came with stock indexes and various news feeds preinstalled. i deleted them all. i'll get my info from the browser directly. i dont need these feeds chewing up battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress