Little tip about Sprint Zone

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Could help with battery life I suppose.

Open up Sprint Zone. Hit menu and go to settings. There is alot of stuff you can uncheck as well as set the update frequency. I changed mine to only at startup so it should only check for updates that one time.

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this is a little OT but when I go to Sprint Zone I can't log in, I've verified I'm entering the same credentials I'm entering online. Do you have to create a separate mobile account?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep I found that out today. Since I got the phone I had never opened up sprint zone, my battery life was great. Until yesterday I turned the app on for the first time and every since then my battery has died in about 4 hours. I checked only on startup and unchecked everything else. Now im back to great battery life.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What does it mean to only run at Startup (only when reset)? Isn't it better to leave it every week?

It means startup of the app, not when the phone starts up (at least from testing that is what I've been able to determine). So best to leave it at startup, otherwise there will be times it'll run in the background to update.

Gameboy70

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site

Open up Sprint Zone. Hit menu and go to settings. There is alot of stuff you can uncheck as well as set the update frequency. I changed mine to only at startup so it should only check for updates that one time.
Where are you finding update frequency? I see Sprint Zone in Manage applications, but there's only the option to Clear Data and Force Stop; and in Running services there's only the option to stop UpdateService. Where's all this stuff you can uncheck?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Where are you finding update frequency? I see Sprint Zone in Manage applications, but there's only the option to Clear Data and Force Stop; and in Running services there's only the option to stop UpdateService. Where's all this stuff you can uncheck?

You have to actually open up the Sprint zone app.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to uncheck every box? Won't the features in those boxes update when I turn the app on anyways?

That's the idea m8. The way it is setup when you get your EVO let's it run in the background, eating up the battery. If you set it to only update when you open the app to use it that's the only time it will use data.

Good find m8's, thanks!!!!

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site

thanks for the tip....

I set mine to only update once a month...keep that intrusion to a minimum.

aaronpaul

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the tip....

I set mine to only update once a month...keep that intrusion to a minimum.

I think that if you set it to anything other than "startup" it will still constantly run the service - it still has to run to monitor for its monthly sync, don't know if that makes a difference to you or not... For battery purposes it seems like "startup" would be the best option.