Bragging and loving my EVO

mfranks985

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my first android device. I LOVE this phone and OS.

I ordered my evo's on Wednesday and got them friday from radio shack. Jumped from att and the iphone too.... RS took care of everything. New contract with 2 evo's and car chargers and walked out of the store for $350 (amazing i know)!

Phones where instant rebate plus a $20 gift card for Accessories plus 10% off accessories plus $30 per phone off the $199 for opening a RS credit that i can turn right around and close when i get the bill.

Ran over to the sprint store right after and did the "buy 2 EVO accessories and take 20% off" and got the black silicon case for me and the pink for my fiances evo. Got the 2 cases for $24...

I had a good day yesterday :cool:

P.S. Phone has been off charger for about 3 hours including surfing, texting and apps and I'm at about 90% battery still.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy it! I'm an android first-timer too.

I think I hurt my poor Dad's brain last night when I showed him Google Shopper and Sky :D

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was showing Google Goggles to a friend last night and he really wanted to get it but guess what, it wasn't available on the iPhone app store! Then I showed him Skymap and he wanted that too. Too bad, not available on iPhone. He was showing me a YouTube video and then I showe him the same one full screen in HQ (over 3G), his was small and choppy, mine was big and smooth and much better sound. And he always complains about his calling problems on AT&T. I love this thing!

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
A guy at work is an iphone user and he's tired of all the dropped calls. He was still thinking of upgrading to the iphone 4, hoping the antenna on it would help. But then I showed him my Evo.

The next day he was asking me all about Sprint, my plan, the Evo, etc. I got him thinking about going Android, and so I delved deeper and demoed more of what Android and the Evo can do (fring to skype video calls, voice input, widgets, removable battery, etc.)

He ended up browsing around all day finding reviews, videos, and all the info he could find on the Evo. I think he may make the switch...he was pretty impressed, but it's been tough for him to decide to quit Apple. We'll see what he ultimately decides. He wants to upgrade his phone as well as his girlfriend's at the same time so this could be two converts :)

Just doing my part to help liberate those under Steve's tight grasp!

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I am also new to android but I am a 3+ year smartphone guy. I have used blackberry's, pre, iPhone and now android. Each have their strengths and weaknesses but I am impressed so far with android. This phone is very powerful and this OS isn't even 2years pod yet and has come along way.

I think WebOS had been my favorite platform so far but i really like how much more customizable this OS seems to be without mods. But overall, very impressed with the software and i am excited for 2.2!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699