Evo still playing any new games?

SirMcpiff

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I am new here and plan on getting more active here when I get my new phone soon, which is the original Evo. I'm getting this phone in about a week or two and I think it'll be more than enough for what I want out of my phone (Multimedia, browsing and a little bit of light gaming) without having to root but does it handle any of the new games like Sonic 4 or asphalt? Are the graphics nice or are they downgraded for the device? I have an ipod touch 4th gen and I might sell it soon but if the EVO doesn't handle games too well I might just keep my iPod. I understand the EVO won't play all the new games forever but I just want to know if it will play some decent games of today.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
The EVO has very little internal storage so I suggest getting a new SD card. (I have a 16 g but I do believe it can handle a 32). The Sonic Emulator plays well on my EVO but the games I mostly play are the "board" games (Monopoly, Life, UNO...) These all run very smooth with great graphics. All other market games like Angry Birds, Cut The Rope... Are also smooth. Make sure the game pushes to sd card or you'll end up getting alot of foreclose issues and low space warnings. I'd say hold on to your I-pod until you test the games you play. Better safe than sorry...

SirMcpiff

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help but I need confirmation on if it even plays games like sonic 4 to judge if it can play anything heavier or not. You ever tried any semi graphic intensive games lately?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help but I need confirmation on if it even plays games like sonic 4 to judge if it can play anything heavier or not. You ever tried any semi graphic intensive games lately?

Nope as it requires a tegra processor

sent from my iPride 5G

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am new here and plan on getting more active here when I get my new phone soon, which is the original Evo. I'm getting this phone in about a week or two and I think it'll be more than enough for what I want out of my phone (Multimedia, browsing and a little bit of light gaming) without having to root but does it handle any of the new games like Sonic 4 or asphalt? Are the graphics nice or are they downgraded for the device? I have an ipod touch 4th gen and I might sell it soon but if the EVO doesn't handle games too well I might just keep my iPod. I understand the EVO won't play all the new games forever but I just want to know if it will play some decent games of today.

Idk about sonic 4 but I have genesis, nes, snes, and playstation emulators that play all of this games. Try getting an entire library of classic games on your itouch for free.