Android central vs Pre central

Status
Not open for further replies.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
One of the things the people over at pre central said about going to the EVO was that the people over at android central were not as friendly to deal with as pre central.

So how has my fellow past pre users experience been here? I think the people here are just has good if not better. Most of people I have encounterd have been friendly and open to us that have made the transition.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
i used to frequent precentral a lot, but since switching, i stopped going there. i think people are generally more happy with the evo because it already has an os that is pretty complete, same with the apps available.

Edge767

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i used to frequent precentral a lot, but since switching, i stopped going there. i think people are generally more happy with the evo because it already has an os that is pretty complete, same with the apps available.

Not to mention fewer problems with HW. Sure, we're seeing some minor issues, but it just doesn't seem to be as widespread as it was with the Pre. When I first got my Pre, I felt like I won a lottery because it seemed like I was the only person who wasn't having problems with theirs.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I just talking about the support of the android central community? I think that they were a bit protective of a less device.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I never had a problem with either forums. Hell, not even the Treocentral fourms... You have those that are, ummm, "Special :p" and you have the one's that are very helpful on all the fourms.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Pre central (treo central) was an awesome site prior to the pre. As release got closer more and more ass hats showed up acting like jerks and many of the older posters got run off or didn't post nearly as much.

Eventually after the release fever died down and more and more people turned negative as the newness wore off it became even less useful.

Last edited:

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I still check precentral once in a while to see if there are any news about the next webos phone. Androidcentral so far has been great. Lots of traffic and immediate responses.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here I used to visit precentral a lot when I had a pre but since the EVO I really don't visit there cause they get mad if I say something about the EVO plus if I have issues I have to ask the ppl with the same device

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
switching from everything pre over here was like moving next door in the same neighborhood, just as friendly and helpful =) the forums even look very similar =)

dsw10482

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i would say there are many more people here, and that pre central had a smaller group of regular contributes to the forums, for that fact you had few blunt answers for due to the lack of people who would be in the forums, remember its pre central, not webos central since there was only 1 device, now 2(4 if you count the plus), i personally think this one is slightly better, for the simple fact that for the most part there are quicker answers, now a lot of people from precentral have a hard time searching the forum and i believe that was due to the lack of different threads, for the most part you only had to look at the previous 20 threads to see what people were talking about....here you have alot more threads and that goes back to the amount of users, but thats just my take on it

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
You have people like me who live on here, so there is usually a fast response.

Lol yeah I think you've replied in most of my threads. All good help too.
I'm glad people feel like me on this one. I had on more than one occasion a bad comment on precentral about here. I have to say that has not at all been that experience that I have had.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
People are so protective of their Pre on Precentral...
I have like 1000+ posts there and lurked for a good period of time...

But if I point out a flaw, people jump out and say how their OS is the best.... blah blah. And they can't tell the difference between user interface and OS... zzZz

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been a member over at PreCentral since June 09 and a member here for a short period of time. I honestly think both forums are great... Of course, you have jerks on both forums. You also have people who will defend their beloved device no matter what the truth is.

Both communities are extremely helpful. Questions normally get answered very quickly.

I do notice a lot more "anti-Evo" comments on P|C though. I just think its because us Pre owners are frustrated. We've been patiently waiting for a long time for some kind of official announcement of new hardware. Good thing Palm just said they are working on new devices. :) No real release date though...

Overall, I like being a part of both communities (even though I'm not that active here). Its interesting to learn new things about competing smartphones and operating systems.

-Garrett

Reactions: sketch42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo