Austin, TX Evo thinks it's in New York City

justryan

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the second morning that I have been woke up an hour early by my alarm because my Evo thinks I'm in NYC. I was doing some voice searches in Google last night and it was pulling up results in Manhattan. Outside of that I'm not sure what's happening. I always leave gps location on. Each time this happens, a restart of the phone fixes the issue. The only thing I can think of is to turn off network time updates. This isn't ideal but I don't know what could be causing this to happen. Anyone else experience this?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
havent experienced that to your extreme but my gps is off a little too and since I'm in Killeen i'm colse enough to see a pattern forming. Make sure ur set to central standard that my help. Try finding a good spot where ur google map actually pinpoints ur location....mine was at work....I then turned gps off waited about 5 mins and turn it back on at the exact same location and its worked ok since.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This is the second morning that I have been woke up an hour early by my alarm because my Evo thinks I'm in NYC. I was doing some voice searches in Google last night and it was pulling up results in Manhattan. Outside of that I'm not sure what's happening. I always leave gps location on. Each time this happens, a restart of the phone fixes the issue. The only thing I can think of is to turn off network time updates. This isn't ideal but I don't know what could be causing this to happen. Anyone else experience this?

I have this problem but its because I use an AirAve at home.
Any GPS functions will automatically put me in Canton Ohio because the AirAve is a femtocell that probably routes directly there from my ISP connection.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
FOUND a possible settings fix

I just did a test last night..

this fixed my weather app from displaying the wrong cities.

Go to SETTINGS-> LOCATION

Turn OFF "use wireless networks" ( this only applies to tracking your location it wont turn off your wifi or connection)

Under LOCATION SETTING turn ON

Under USE GPS SATELLITES- Put a CHECKMARK on it.

This fixed my weather app for Sense UI, It should fix any other location based issues you have.