When will we get Froyo, is EVO the left out Stepchild?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Was it HTC or Google that said the Evo would be second in line after the Nexus One to get 2.2? This was not too long ago..

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I know, I know.. HTC and Android are doing WAY more than Palm ever did, it just makes me laugh knowing i bought a Palm Pre and they said the "camcorder will come soon" and it ended up taking them 8 months lol

I dont think the same thing will happen with HTC and the EvO but then again you never know

then again... you weren't around when the HTC mogul was around neither about Windows 6.1 update or gps fix. I forget the patches needed but there were some and rev a needed installed and having to wait for software updates

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
As much as I try to convince myself that the 2.2 update will be coming by the end of the summer I just don't believe it. The headache and aggravation I dealt with in regards to the 2.1 update for the Hero was unbelievable. To call it frustrating would be a gross understatement. I've seen a lot of people say that the Evo is Sprints flagship so they're gonna get it done, well so was the Hero for a while and it still took what 6-7 months to come out? That's ridiculous. I can only hope that because this phone is miles ahead of the Hero in every fathomable way that they will high tale their asses and get the update done within a reasonable time. I can also only hope that because this phone will probably be the top phone for at least the rest of this year they will have a sense of urgency with bringing the update given the other competition out there. I hope that I'm wrong. So far I'm VERY happy with my phone despite the slight screen lift and the back cover not closing flush. I think it'll hold me off for a while. But if by August there's no update, as much as I love HTC phones this will be my last HTC device and I will start raising absolute hell.

emaster101

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i hope to see an update soon, but ont he other hand i have never known sprint to be prompt about updates

your telling me... I'm still waiting on the Blackberry 5.0 update for my 8330m. It's been out a year now but still no update. RIM says they gave it to Sprint and its up to them to release it....like that will happen.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What does everyone thinks? Should we be patient and good things will come to those who wait, or should she start ranting and raving?

I guess I am on the side of being patient and wait till whenever it gets to us. But it would be nice if we got Froyo by the end of July(wishful thinking).

So wait. You decided to post a message that starts out as a rant just to tell us you thought we should not panic.

I'm confused.

soldierblue

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the feeling that everything HTC makes has the left out stepchild thing going on. Probably get it the same time they release it for the Incredible.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Relax, collective deep breath.

The wonderful hacker/development community has already released a froyo ROM. These updates are getting easier to install by the minute.

We'll probably have a better version before Sprint even releases theres.

I know it's not for everyone, but if you're on this forum chances are maybe you can be converted and the appeal of FroYo might be too much to withstand! :)

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Relax, collective deep breath.

The wonderful hacker/development community has already released a froyo ROM. These updates are getting easier to install by the minute.

We'll probably have a better version before Sprint even releases theres.

I know it's not for everyone, but if you're on this forum chances are maybe you can be converted and the appeal of FroYo might be too much to withstand! :)
Can they integrate sense UI into those roms?

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Total noob question as I'm new to Android:

If I were to go ahead and root the phone and get Froyo could I later on get the OTA update for the official release with no problems? Would I even want to at that time?

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
EVO might not get it at all.. (I think December but thats just me)

I think HTC is going to make another phone in 4-6 months, and THAT one is the one that will have froyo

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC already had the 2.2 and they are working on it, I think Google was / is working with HTC hand in hand since HTC is a major player with Google. I just think HTC is starting to be managed badly. I think they are get huge heads, they need to wake up and smell the coffee, cause Apple will take there clients. Come HTC wake up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty