EVO screen size? Fit in pocket?

klebron23

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I am very interested in the Droid X since I am a loyal Verizon customer. I know all of you have been enjoying the large screen on the EVO for awhile now so I figured you were the best people to ask. I am ready to jump ship from Blackberry to Android. The Droid X looks fantastic I am just not sure if the screen is too big because I need my device to be portable. What are your thoughts? Have you been able to place the EVO in your pocket (jeans, shorts) with no problems? Or is it too bulky and you have to wear a belt clip? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No problem with it in my (front) pants pockets, dress slacks or jeans. But I don't wear super tight jeans. Probably wouldn't be ideal. I would expect cracked screens if you put it in your back pants pocket.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the tighter jeans department, not the super skinny jeans, but tightr. And my evo, with silicon case fit just fine.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Head over to Best Buy and try out their display model (as long as they don't have anything extra attached to it...some do, some don't). I checked out out the other day and it slipped into just about every pocket I would use without much problem...but I am more of a front shirt pocket kind of guy.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on the size of your pocket... ;)

It's bigger than a berry but it's not like HUGE where you're going to be like "holy crap I can't walk it's throwing me off balance".

That phone looks great by the way, I'm all for the Android cause.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Head over to Best Buy and try out their display model (as long as they don't have anything extra attached to it...some do, some don't). I checked out out the other day and it slipped into just about every pocket I would use without much problem...but I am more of a front shirt pocket kind of guy.

Do you have a pocket with a snap or button? I tried that for a while but the phone falls out every time I lean over, which is quite often.

Moving on, I agree that anyone questioning the size should just go and try one out. When I brought my Evo out on launch day, with people that knew about the phone, their initial reaction was, "Oh. It's not that big." Plus the phone is pretty slim which makes slipping in the pocket even easier. In fact, I have an easier time getting it out of my pocket than my Pre because although the Pre was a lot smaller, it was plumper and would fall sideways and get lodged in with my wallet.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a pocket with a snap or button? I tried that for a while but the phone falls out every time I lean over, which is quite often.

No, no snaps or buttons and yes, falling out is a problem. Gettng a rubberized skin helps. I feel this is the lesser of the two evils, rather than having it down in my pants pocket where it is harder to fish out while sitting down and more prone to scratches from keys, pocket knife, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana