Evo 4g Update Anticipation thread

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So in about 2 days we should be getting an update for the evo according to androidcentral which is said to fix

WiFi signal reporting

Exchange ActiveSync policy improvements

Social networking improvements to address battery life issues

http://www.androidcentral.com/another-update-evo-4g-coming-soon-sprint-and-htc

Anyone else excited for this update to come through? I don't know about you guys but getting updates once a month on my pre spoiled me, and this phone hasn't even been out for a month yet and we already are getting an update :p

do you guys also think that the phone runs on battery after being 100% charged issue will be resolved,

and also they say the wifi is displaying the wrong signal strength... but does that mean that the range will be extended or instead of 1 bar it will show 2

Torx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
any update is a good update.

we have to stay on top of htc and sprint, so far theyve been very good about keeping the phone updated and listening to us... kinda

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Very excited! I hope they also fix the Sync problems too though! They've definitely been way better with updates than they were with the Hero. Woot!

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they allow applications on SD and fix the random txt bugs when sending messages too fast

I hope so to, I had a conversation with this girl my friend wanted to go through as he was reading through he said how did you know what she was going to say? lol

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If it isn't Froyo, I couldn't care less. :)

Android is strong enough that I'm fine running a stock 2.1 with Launcher Pro and don't feel the need to run a custom version, thankfully.

Last edited:

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they allow applications on SD and fix the random txt bugs when sending messages too fast

It is not a bug that makes it so apps do not install on the SD card. It is Android 2.1 When the 2.2 update comes out, you can install the apps on the SD card.