Calendar info from Pre to Evo and Google acct question...

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
My dad is considering jumping from the Pre to the Evo but he is old school. He doesn't like the idea of having to have a Google account to use a phone and he likes all of his calendar info/contacts to be on the phone and backed up on his pc, not stored online (he says: "Aren't people uncomfortable knowing that all of their information is with Google?")

He also wants a way to transfer all of his calendar and contact info to the Evo, since he uses the calendar a LOT, and uses the Palm profile to store contacts. What do I tell him? Is there a way to transfer from Pre? Can he get the Evo up and running without having to create a Google account?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think you might want to look into HTC Sync. Not sure how good it is, but it's supposed to sync between Outlook on your desktop and your Android phone.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife used HTC sync to update her phone form outlook. It worked once and from that point on it would not sync.

Ask your dad if he is ok with his email being on whatever isp he uses. He does know the email he sends and receives does not just magically appear on his computer, right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
Good point, and HTC Sync might be something for him to look into. He's always been so attached to his Palm PDA devices (and still found the Pre to be lacking), and that's why he likes my Evo so much - the customizability, speed and the size - it fits in his shirt pocket like his Tungsten does, but he wants something that will replace the Tungsten and act as his phone as well. I will bring these up to him, thanks!