Evo data usage

Has your data usage changed?

• Total voters

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
been almost a month since launch so i'm curious.

Has you data usage gone up, down or stayed about the same?

also list your previous phone and average usage.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've never paid attention to it. My last phone, like this one, had anunlimited data plan, so I really don't care how much I use, or don't use.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I had a Palm Pre.
That thing was data intensive.

It's called WebOS for a reason... the thing would collect random data all the freaking time.
I did web browse a lot on the Pre... it was smooth, even though it was small.

As for now, it's lower. I expect it to be higher when classes start.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Previous devices are in my signature as you can see by my devices I have always used a lot of data so I marked as about the same. I think with the EVO around I am using my lap top less.

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had an unlimited "phone as modem" (PAM) plan from Sprint before getting the Evo.

I'm actually using more data on my Evo than I did on my laptop most months!

I'm paying for the Hotspot feature and I've used less than 1gb on my laptop... whereas I easily went over 5gb this past month. Heck, according to my Netcounter App, I've already sucked down over 3gb on my Evo in the past three days.

That's me surfing the forums, downloading/streaming video and audio podcasts, watching SprintTV, TV.com, and YouTube.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The new redesigned sprint site makes me want to kill baby bears and fukc trees. It's absolutely driving me ****ing insane. Where in the bloody **** do I check previous month usage? I've been on for almost 30 minutes. My meds can't be this ****ing strong...

backfire103

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had a Pre before getting the Evo. My usage is definitely up. I browse the web a lot more now knowing I dont have to worry about every little thing I do killing the battery. People may complain about the Evos battery life, but compared to the Pre its fantastic.

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
curious because when the pre came out they forced everyone to get more expensive unlimited data plans. now a new phone comes out and again they are forcing more expensive data plans even though we're already paying for unlimited.
so i guess when better phones com out next year there will be another "super duper premium data" plan with "totally no doubt about it THIS time! unlimited data"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87