How to change your "Set as default" question

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I incorrectly chose to make google calendar go online as my default option when adding a calander event emailed to me from someone. I think I should have defaulted it to my phone calander instead because now every time I hit "accept" it gives me a viewer error and tells me to "hope for the best" and this is not compatible with google calander. LOL. Can someone tell me how to change this option to something else when you already selected something to be the default for that application and now the option screen no longer pops up. I hope I explained this well enough. Thanks.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I incorrectly chose to make google calendar go online as my default option when adding a calander event emailed to me from someone. I think I should have defaulted it to my phone calander instead because now every time I hit "accept" it gives me a viewer error and tells me to "hope for the best" and this is not compatible with google calander. LOL. Can someone tell me how to change this option to something else when you already selected something to be the default for that application and now the option screen no longer pops up. I hope I explained this well enough. Thanks.

Your phone doesn't have a calendar on its own. It only uses a calendar SERVICE from Google or Exchange, etc. To test this, try creating a new event. You can only select one of the services synced to the phone.

The reason why you might have a viewer error is because of the calendar invite type. There's ical, vcs, etc, so probably you're trying to open an incompatible type.

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When I am sent a google calander invitation from someone else and I respond yes or no...it gave me an option to go online to google or on my phone. When it goes online I get that error. My event is there and everything is fine but I get that error and a "hope for the best" message. Since I checked off the "make this my default option" it no longer gives me a choice and I automatically get this message. I would like to change my default option to "phone" which will correct this. My actual question is..How can I change the selection that I already checked off as my default to something else? Thanks

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
go to settings/manage applications/whatever the online calendar program you are talking about.

THere you will see the option to clear defaut. Click it.

let me know if it works ok.....

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
go to settings/manage applications/whatever the online calendar program you are talking about.

THere you will see the option to clear defaut. Click it.

let me know if it works ok.....

I checked all calendar and google apps including g-mail and none of them have a default set. when checking using the above method.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You must not be finding the right app maybe. But that is the correct area to clear any default for any app you have. Settings, apps, manage apps, pick your app in question, and they have a "clear defaults" button which let's you start over for that app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer