Dust in my Evo???

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This weekend, my cousin and I were comparing phones, I have an Evo and he an iPhone 4. We were waxing lyrical on the pros and cons of each phone and, due to Apple's conference on Friday, we had a lot to talk about. We were talking about battery life when he said that the Evo's sucked, I proceeded to show him the awesomeness of being able to replace a battery. when I opened the back (first time since the Sprint Store rep set up my phone), some metallic-looking dust came out. I told my cousin it was magic pixie dust that allows me to use both hands and hold the phone in anyway I want to without losing reception or dropping a call. I'm I right?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it sounded like you had dust under the screen.
Dust in the back of your Evo also reminds me of when I used to open my Pre to find dust around/behind my speaker and stuff.

I wouldn't consider it abnormal.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Be careful if you go to the beach. I took mine one day and took pictures...a few weeks later I decided to pull the battery and I noticed bits of sand when I took off the back cover. Not a whole lot, just a few grains here and there, but it was enough to give me pause. A can of air and s camera lens brush later and it was all clean again. However, if I go back to the beach I'll make sure the phone is in a full-body case.

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I opened the battery door the other day and found a dog hair in the bottom part by the stand. Weird lol.

Swyped from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I also had dust under the screen in the top left corner on my first Evo which was 0003, and have the same issue with my new Evo which is also 0003. I'm just going to let it go, and live with it, because honestly it's so hard to see once the screen is on.