Evo + Upgrade = A pretty good laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolphreak

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Reading some of these threads about when Evo will get a update to 2.2, elicit's everything from laughter to complete disbelief.

I'll preface my post with a few things.... I just got a EVO about 2 weeks ago. I had a Palm Pro before that. I've been a PC Tech, Network Admin for the last 20 years, so I have some geek in me. I get excited about new technology, I get excited about new OS's, new updates for software. Excited as in, I keep up to date on forums, I install Alpha/Beta/RC builds of it.. that kind of thing.

Questions:

1. How does a smartphone getting a update, translate into a bunch of people feeling the need to inform a bunch of strangers on a forum (I would assume a very high percentage of them being male) that they just got a "boner" or the "jiz won't stop flowing" ? Am I missing something here?

2. While it's hard to believe, I do believe that there are going to many users on the different Evo forums, that are ACTUALLY going to start hitting their update buttons every minute or 2, all day today. I'm sure some of called in sick today from work, some that will make my order at McDonalds late because they're in the can, rapid firing on their phone trying to get a update.

3. Do people that post "How do I root the 2.2 update" or "When will there be a root update available"....... are they serious? With the update not even released yet, why would they think a root exploit is already available? Do they really think someone can give them a time of when a new root procedure will be available BEFORE it's even released?

On a side note, why do people post in a Evo forum, that they just got a Evo? Is there a spreadsheet I'm supposed to be keeping track of who gets a Evo in a Evo forum? We all know the posts.. "OMG, I just got my EVO"!

And why do people that have a android phone versus people that have a IPhone, have to turn it into a Windows/Mac type contest? I'll bash your phone, you bash mine. Mine's better than yours.. neener.. neener

Hehe... it's all some pretty funny ****, you got to admit!

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I love my phone, lots of cool stuff. They've came a long way from my 1st phone, the Motorola Startac in 1996. Motorola StarTAC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope no one breaks up with their girlfriend, or leaves their wife over this update. Hopefully no one gets killed on the road with some idiot punching his Update button every 1 minute while he's trying to drive. <g>

So if someone can help me out here, help me to understand all of this. I would appreciate it.

Happy Updating!!!!

dazz59

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hell of a first post, Mr Troll. Honestly dude, I usually never respond to the kind of sarcastic know-it-all kind of douchebaggery you just posted, but today I am making an exception.

There's nothing wrong with being excited to not only have your EVO, but to also be able to utilize all the functionality through an updated OS. This forum, as much as it a (valuable) technical resource is also a site for Android enthusiasts. So what if people say they're creaming their shorts for Froyo?

I can just imagine how hard it must be reading every single newb question about how to root my evo for Froyo and shaking your head in disbelief. Having to wade through every "I just got my evo"' thread, reading every single response. Tracking them meticulously in your I hate newbs notebook.

Why don't you do this, DELETE your membership, and STFU.

Reading some of these threads about when Evo will get a update to 2.2, elicit's everything from laughter to complete disbelief.

I'll preface my post with a few things.... I just got a EVO about 2 weeks ago. I had a Palm Pro before that. I've been a PC Tech, Network Admin for the last 20 years, so I have some geek in me. I get excited about new technology, I get excited about new OS's, new updates for software. Excited as in, I keep up to date on forums, I install Alpha/Beta/RC builds of it.. that kind of thing.

Questions:

1. How does a smartphone getting a update, translate into a bunch of people feeling the need to inform a bunch of strangers on a forum (I would assume a very high percentage of them being male) that they just got a "boner" or the "jiz won't stop flowing" ? Am I missing something here?

2. While it's hard to believe, I do believe that there are going to many users on the different Evo forums, that are ACTUALLY going to start hitting their update buttons every minute or 2, all day today. I'm sure some of called in sick today from work, some that will make my order at McDonalds late because they're in the can, rapid firing on their phone trying to get a update.

3. Do people that post "How do I root the 2.2 update" or "When will there be a root update available"....... are they serious? With the update not even released yet, why would they think a root exploit is already available? Do they really think someone can give them a time of when a new root procedure will be available BEFORE it's even released?

On a side note, why do people post in a Evo forum, that they just got a Evo? Is there a spreadsheet I'm supposed to be keeping track of who gets a Evo in a Evo forum? We all know the posts.. "OMG, I just got my EVO"!

And why do people that have a android phone versus people that have a IPhone, have to turn it into a Windows/Mac type contest? I'll bash your phone, you bash mine. Mine's better than yours.. neener.. neener

Hehe... it's all some pretty funny ****, you got to admit!

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I love my phone, lots of cool stuff. They've came a long way from my 1st phone, the Motorola Startac in 1996. Motorola StarTAC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope no one breaks up with their girlfriend, or leaves their wife over this update. Hopefully no one gets killed on the road with some idiot punching his Update button every 1 minute while he's trying to drive. <g>

So if someone can help me out here, help me to understand all of this. I would appreciate it.

Happy Updating!!!!

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Listen jackwagon, look in the mirror
seems to me with the length of your post your in the same boat but in denial.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an answer for this behavior. I'm just as bewildered as you. I, for one, won't be checking every 2 minutes for the upgrade. I've asked my secretary to do that...

csmith75

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I certainly consider the fact that you joined and type a Bible on all of this way more pathetic than people being excited about added functionality to their phone.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
As was started by dazz59, this is a board for enthusiasts, and they come in all shapes and sizes. That's what makes this board so much fun. Lighten up.

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Heres an idea, go back to school and get a degree in psychology then you could be more usefull..
Other wise stick to figuring out puters instead of human behavior.

poolphreak

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Hell of a first post, Mr Troll. Honestly dude, I usually never respond to the kind of sarcastic know-it-all kind of douchebaggery you just posted, but today I am making an exception.

There's nothing wrong with being excited to not only have your EVO, but to also be able to utilize all the functionality through an updated OS. This forum, as much as it a (valuable) technical resource is also a site for Android enthusiasts. So what if people say they're creaming their shorts for Froyo?

I can just imagine how hard it must be reading every single newb question about how to root my evo for Froyo and shaking your head in disbelief. Having to wade through every "I just got my evo"' thread, reading every single response. Tracking them meticulously in your I hate newbs notebook.

Why don't you do this, DELETE your membership, and STFU.

hmmm... I seem to have struck a sensitive nerve somewhere.:D

I AM enthusiastic! Don't get me wrong.. I just was asking a couple of questions:)

It must have been thought provoking enough, that you made your 1st post.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no notebook for "newbs" and I am not a TROLL.

Some call this type of thing.... HUMOR

From Wiki

People of all ages and cultures respond to humour. The majority of people are able to experience humour, i.e., to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a sense of humour. The hypothetical person lacking a sense of humour would likely find the behaviour induced by humour to be inexplicable, strange, or even irrational. Though ultimately decided by personal taste, the extent to which an individual will find something humorous depends upon a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence and context.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This wasn't funny at all. Excitement over an update to the Evo makes you laugh? What I think is funny is that you seem to have been hiding under a rock for the last few years. You haven't been laughing over the long lines of people camping out for days in anticipation of an iPhone? Or an iPad? Or even excitement over webOS updates to the Pre? It took an update to the Evo for you to finally notice that fans like their products? Now THAT'S funny...or pathetic, as the case may be.

dgp2003

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well lets see...Your first question reads "1. How does a smartphone getting a update, translate into a bunch of people feeling the need to inform a bunch of strangers on a forum (I would assume a very high percentage of them being male) that they just got a "boner" or the "jiz won't stop flowing" ? Am I missing something here?"

So you think it's weird that people are letting strangers know that they have a boner, and just jizzed their pants.

Yet you feel like coming in here and making a thread letting a bunch of Strangers (who I'm assuming don't give a rats ***) know how you feel about their excitement.

Way to go.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
lol
I found it funny.
He just wanted to show off that he had a StarTac back in the day.
Don't pretend like that wasn't the entire purpose of your post! I see what you did thar

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I went to college with geeks like this that "think" they have a sense of humor, when in reality they're the only ones that find any humor in what they say.....

yea, we're laughing bud..... but not with you! LOL:D

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
1. Were guys... its what we do. Grow a pair, watch some football, drink a beer and you will understand.

2. See #1

3. It is not uncommon to see a root or a hack before a phone is even released yet alone just a software update.

On a side note U MUST B A NOOB AND NOT 1337 LIKE US SO GO AND HAS A CHEEZBURGER BEFORE ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Douche. I work in surgery with sophisticated doctors. Who have phds coming out if their *** who have better sense of humour and probably network knowledge than you.

Karadax

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
What I got out of that tear down of others was:

Throwing out the title of 20+ years as a network admin to defend your own post is just plain weak. You are not an authority.

This guy will be seriously upset that his unhealthy fast food will be delayed due to the evo update.. poor baby..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s