Do we really have full flash?

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So if we have full blown flash since the update with fro yo why do some sites not work.for instance livestream.com. I tried following a link to watch someones live show and it basically told me it want available. So I'm wondering. Secondly.why is it when I try to go to the livestream website it gives me a mobile version.there's is like no way around it.not able to view the full sure but instead only the mobile version.is there any way around this? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know…yea, i went to a few websites that I couldnt look at before and they shouw up and play fine…they are not optimized but they work none the less

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually install the flash plug in from the market? Do other flash sites work but just not this one, or have you not seen any flash at all? Yes its full flash 10.1. What you see on the desktop is what you see on the phone.

powerbyte#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have found that by going in under the settings and un-checking the "enable mobile view" (not sure if that's the exact wording...but I'm not using my EVO right now), that flash is working on everything that I have tried....that includes the Facebook games and such...hope that helps.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you actually install the flash plug in from the market? Do other flash sites work but just not this one, or have you not seen any flash at all? Yes its full flash 10.1. What you see on the desktop is what you see on the phone.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that there are sites that the phone has some trouble with, but it is nothing major. I was very excited for full flash support for about half a day, but it got old and I went back to the mobile versions of sites. They are just more convenient for me and a lot faster.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if some Flash sites take up too much RAM so when you try to load them, then they either crash the browser or don't fully load.

I know 10.1 was supposed to address that, but I've seen the desktop version ballon to outrageous sizes at times. I wouldn't be surprised if the mobile version is subject to some of that as well.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site

There's a flash plug in we need to download?

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
There's a flash plug in we need to download?

No not on the Evo flash 10.1 was pre-installed with the update

So if we have full blown flash since the update with fro yo why do some sites not work.for instance livestream.com. I tried following a link to watch someones live show and it basically told me it want available. So I'm wondering. Secondly.why is it when I try to go to the livestream website it gives me a mobile version.there's is like no way around it.not able to view the full sure but instead only the mobile version.is there any way around this? Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

That has to do with the browser and has nothing to do with having flash support or not, but you can try going into the browser press menu > more > settings > and uncheck Mobile view and see if that helps

Chevre21

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who have not yet rec'd the FroYo update - you can watch Flash videos on your android device NOW by downloading Skyfire Mobile Browser

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well in the market is the Adobe flash 10 but that only needs to be downloaded IF you had a nexus one cuz the got the 1st Froyo update and the flash 10 was on the market to download for them. Our Froyo has full flash built in. I just wanna get the videos to play in my YouTube player and not on the site as it tends to skip while watching movies, videos, and clips.

nashgold

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Flash 10.1 is native in Froyo. No need to download anything. If you downloaded the 10.1 flash plugin prior to the Froyo push, it can conflict with the update and not work at all. You will have to hard reset to fix.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Well in the market is the Adobe flash 10 but that only needs to be downloaded IF you had a nexus one cuz the got the 1st Froyo update and the flash 10 was on the market to download for them. Our Froyo has full flash built in. I just wanna get the videos to play in my YouTube player and not on the site as it tends to skip while watching movies, videos, and clips.

Don't you guys get the pop up when clicking any YouTube link from the browser? I always get a pop up with 2 choices, YouTube app or browser. Just don't select permanent default so the choice always pops up for you.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't you guys get the pop up when clicking any YouTube link from the browser? I always get a pop up with 2 choices, YouTube app or browser. Just don't select permanent default so the choice always pops up for you.

I close to have every YouTube video play through the app. Then I can see all of them in high quality. I also like the video quality on flash sites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non