No screen protector?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have read in these forums that some people are not using any kind of screen protector. I am currently using the invisible shield but thinking about pulling it off.
My question is to all of you that have not been using any kind of screen protector. How is the screen holding up? Have you gotten any scratches, even hairline ones?
Have you had any close calls like you accidently had something in your pockets like keys and though oh *&$#!

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have always used a screen protector, even on my old BB. I used to have Verizon at work, and I had a Droid. I did not spend the money on a screen protector, because I felt the touchscreen became less responsive with it on. I never had any problem with my screen on that.

With my EVO, I decided to go the same route. I have insurance and everything through Sprint, just in case, but I have not had a single problem with the screen. I keep it in my pocket all day (without keys or anything that could scratch it) and haven't had anything that even looks like a scratch.

I have accidently put other things in my pocket (keys, coins, pen, etc.) and still no scratches. Because of the large size of the phone, I cannot comfortably put much more in my pocket other than the phone.

Ultimately, you have to decide for yourself, but I prefer the EVO without a screen protector, and so far, so good.

Hope this helps.

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Had since launch day and no screen protector here either. I put my keys in the same pocket as the phone often. I do have one tiny, almost invisible, scratch that you can only see with the screen turned off and angled into the sunlight just right. I'm pretty sure I got the scratch from letting the phone rest with the face against the teeth of a zipper in a zippered pocket though, and not from keys, or coins or the like. I made the same mistake with my iphones and the teeth of the zipper got the screens every time.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my EVO. I wasn't going to use one until I scratched the screen. I think it may have been from sand but after that I decided to put a zagg on it.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a launch day EVO without screen protector, and so far my screen is great. I put it in a pocket on weekends (with no keys, coins, or any other objects) and in a holster for work.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a screen protector on my EVO. I wasn't going to use one until I scratched the screen. I think it may have been from sand but after that I decided to put a zagg on it.

Do you know how the screen got scratched? Just wondering if it took something major to scratch it?

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i haven't used one since launch day and i don't have issues w/ mine, it all comes down to how you take care of it..... i also have a pre w/ no screen protector and mine is fine..

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i have had no protector since about launch and i have 2 hair line minor minor scratches that you have too for to see..

i got them by dropping it off my work desk and the screen landing face first on the wheel of my chair.

tekguy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day without a screen protector and I have no scratches. I just clean the smudges off from time to time. I've even had it fall face first on a tile floor and have no scratches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo