Anyone having problems with SMS on EVO?

eshug1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a weird problem which probably isnt fro yo related but could be for all I know...

My handcent has been really laggy the past few days and today i havent even been able to open it without it force closing, so I tried restarting the phone, uninstalling, and reinstalling with no success.

Then I uninstalled and thought I would just use the regular messages that comes stock and it wont load either, just does a force close and sometimes loads for so long the phone just restarts

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

eshug1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just realized that I havent deleted any texts so there are a lot which might explain the lag?? but It wont even let me delete them because it force closes

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Handcent in your applications menu and clear the data/cache? You may lose your texts.

akt83

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had a similar issue. I tried using SMS Popup and Handcent and settled on Handcent before the 2.2 update. After the update, everything was really laggy so I uninstalled Handcent and it still would still lag when using the phone's sms program. So I decided to do a factory reset and I still have the issue. I can open messages fine, but typing is really laggy at times. It's really annoying.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
My recommendation would be to either try the default SMS client built in to the phone or if a recent update came out for handcent, maybe uninstall the update. I use the default SMS client and I haven't had any problems. I read the reviews for handcent and a lot of people say it is laggy or they don't get text messages so I haven't even tried it yet.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My default text app was running slower after the update to 2.2 also but it was because I had never deleted messages. I had to deleted whole conversations very slow and wait for one to complete for going to the next one. Much snappier now.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine is experiencing a really laggy stock sms app after the update, and also she gets alot of misreads on the touchscreen only when using the sms app. She will touch on one conversation but it will register on another and open that one instead. Anyone know of a fix?

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine is experiencing a really laggy stock sms app after the update, and also she gets alot of misreads on the touchscreen only when using the sms app. She will touch on one conversation but it will register on another and open that one instead. Anyone know of a fix?

I use to have this problem with 2.1. Once I upgrade to 2.2 it went away.

JustinK

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a weird problem which probably isnt fro yo related but could be for all I know...

My handcent has been really laggy the past few days and today i havent even been able to open it without it force closing, so I tried restarting the phone, uninstalling, and reinstalling with no success.

Then I uninstalled and thought I would just use the regular messages that comes stock and it wont load either, just does a force close and sometimes loads for so long the phone just restarts

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I guarantee if you do a hard reset it will be faster than ever. Thats what i did

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem last night and might still have a problem. I have not done the 2.2 cuz i have a rooted phone and i dont want to break root. I sent several texts about 9pm central which i recieved no reply. this morning I found out they were not received until 12:15am. might be Isolated problem but idk.