does this happen to anyone else? (SMS)

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally I will open up my SMS message app (native) and when going to respond to someone it will somehow put me in a totally different chat.

example:

I open up my SMS program, see my lists of conversations and click on "JOE" up top..

somehow though, it puts me in the conversation with "ALEX" which was nearly at the bottom of the chats..

anyone else? I've sent the wrong things to a few people already and it's a bit annoying.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my favorites people. When I go to my fav page and hit my wife for some reason it calls my brother. Lol not sure but its annoying sometimes.

mugen

May 25, 2010
Visit site
it happens when you type your message and you dont send it, it saves it in drafts. then when you choose someone else to text, regardless of what new message you type. it sends the draft message first then the one you just typed.

atleast for me thats how its happened.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Is not happening with me.
Are you guys using the regular HTC Messaging app?

Who is using other apps like Handcent or Chompa?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Temporary fix might be using another messaging app like Handcent and turning off regular mesaging notifications in the settings.

Anyway, this happens to me in other apps like Raging Thunder II... but uhh, I always thought it was the app.

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It has not happened to me but it sounds like it could lead to a big problem if say a message for Amy went to Sandy...lol. Sorry, inside joke in my head.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Happens to me as well,

if you do it slowly right after it happens, you will see whats happening...

back out of the wrong thread u got into, then touch and HOLD your finger on the person u meant to go to and that person on the bottom of the list will be selected like u had your finger on them, i also had this issues before 2.2...

ZuriKalea

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's only been been happening to me since the FroYo .6 update. It didn't happen to me when I was running .3

Yea same for me. Every since the update for .6 ive been having problems with swype, sms and a few reboots. I see more people having issues after this update than fixes.