Does anyone know if roam can be forced on Evo yet?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I work in a cement building and cant catch signal unless Im on roaming. My Palm Pre used to have a roam only option so I could receive calls and get my messages. There has got to be a way to do this on the Evo and it would prevent the extreme battery drain with the bad signal.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There is no way to do this on the EVO. Even if you are rooted sadly. I miss this feature from my Pre as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am in a small town and recently the closest Sprint tower was virtually down. I got a signal but could not use the phone. My wife's old low tech phone was OK because I put it on roam only but my new high tech Evo would not work. I called Sprint but they could not do anything either (although they are sending me an Airave in case it happens again.) Roam only was one of the first patches on the Pre but apparently it is harder on the Evo since no one has made this fix.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of us would definietely be pleased if they found a fix for this. I have significant battery drain at work cause of bad signal and cant receive calls on my phone. I could roam with the Pre and talk anywhere no prob. I dont want to go back to the pre thats for sure, but not being able to receive calls is quite a problem.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not a matter of fixing, the whole preferences would have to be rewritten. It just won't happen. Sprint has specifically removed that feature from all their new phones for the past few years. I'm guessing a lot of people were using the option ;).

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also really loved that option on the Pre. Le sigh. I am totally keeping the Pre around for a backup, though, because last winter I experienced a 6 day ice storm and roaming was the ONLY option available. No Airave in the world would have fixed that, considering there was no power!

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe there was away on XDA developers but nothing really mainstream as of yet that I am aware of.

EDIT: also yes required root access.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
And we cant root the phone on froyo over the air update right? I am desperate for a roam only patch...Id even pay for one..I cant catch squat where I work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo