17.6 GB of data in one billing cycle.... Priceless.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person that thinks 4G tethering wasnt exactly designed to replace a dedicated ISP? Running it 24/7 streaming netflix, playing PS3, running multiple devices off of it etc. Im pretty sure Sprint didnt expect people to ditch their broadband connections and run their whole home network off their cell phone.

And you people are bragging about how many gigs your using a month? How many people do you think it will take abusing the service and for how long until Sprint realizes they are getting screwed and implements a tiered plan like ATnT? And the rest of us will people like you to blame for it. Thanks alot.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Technically they can bill you for the abuse. Look at
the fine print in your contract. They can ruin your credit if you don't pay.

Am I the only person that thinks 4G tethering wasnt exactly designed to replace a dedicated ISP? Running it 24/7 streaming netflix, playing PS3, running multiple devices off of it etc. Im pretty sure Sprint didnt expect people to ditch their broadband connections and run their whole home network off their cell phone.

And you people are bragging about how many gigs your using a month? How many people do you think it will take abusing the service and for how long until Sprint realizes they are getting screwed and implements a tiered plan like ATnT? And the rest of us will people like you to blame for it. Thanks alot.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Technically they can bill you for the abuse. Look at
the fine print in your contract. They can ruin your credit if you don't pay.

Yeah, right now they are just collecting data, but a year from now if people are putting a strain on the network and it costs Sprint money to manage, they will boot you from your contract. It will eventually happen if everyone decides they want to pull all their bandwidth from 4g.

Right now.. not many people USE 4g, because theres not a whole lot of 4g equipment on the market at the moment.. we have now as of today 2 phones. ( epic launched). wait a year or so when it becomes popular and they find people congesting it so an average user is now crippled to 2mb connections, they will go after the ones that are using 300-500gb a month 1st, and start booting them from their contracts for abuse

People can brag about what they get away with now, 17gb really is not alot of data at all, however people that do decide to push the boundaries will more than likely get booted from thier sprint contracts..

When you sign a 2 year contract with sprint for your service and subsidy of the handset, Sprint can decide to cut it short any time they want to pretty much for any reason they want to.. They dont want to lose customers obviously.. but the customers that cost them an exorbitant amount of money they will sever or simply slow your connection down on purpose.

See below: The words "other" pretty much mean any excuse legally they want to use to slow/stop abusers.

Prohibited Network Uses. To ensure the activities of some users do not impair the ability of our customers to have access to reliable services provided at reasonable costs, you may not use our services in a manner that is unlawful, infringes on intellectual property rights, or harms or unduly interferes with the use of Sprint's network or systems. Sprint reserves the right, without notice or limitation, to limit data throughput speeds or quantities or to deny, terminate, end, modify, disconnect, or suspend service if an individual engages in any of the prohibited voice or data uses detailed below or if Sprint, in its sole discretion, determines action is necessary to protect its wireless networks from harm or degradation. Examples of prohibited voice uses: Sprint voice services are provided solely for live dialogue between, and initiated by, individuals for personal use and as otherwise described in this policy. Sprint services may not be used for any other purposes, including, but not limited to: monitoring services, transmission of broadcasts, transmission of recorded material, telemarketing, autodialed calls, other commercial uses, or other connections that do not consist of uninterrupted live dialogue between individuals. Examples of prohibited data uses: Sprint data services are provided solely for purposes of web surfing, sending and receiving email, photographs and other similar messaging activities, and the non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading of files or on line gaming. Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, "junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use. Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Sprint Prohibited Network Uses.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely a good plan. I use the hotspot and came out the big hero at work recently. Some of my work colleagues (including my boss) were at a conference. The wifi was down in the building and no one could connect the internet. There was a strong 4G signal in the building so I decided to use my hotspot to connect everyone from our company. Everyone was impressed with my resourcefulness.