keyboard lag

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Couldn't find any threads on keyboard lag specifically on the Evo. Has anyone experience keyboard lag at all? It happens to me from time to time. I'm a fast typed. Like really fast and sometimes the keyboard lags and falls behind little big. I found that removing the hectic feedback works a bit. But it still lags from time to time. Are there any fixes for this by chance.?

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same exact issue. The stock keyboard is very slow at typing. I have found that the only solution to this issue is to switch keyboards. I use swype, swift key, and shape writer. The stock one, although nice, lacks multitouch (which I think is necessary for a touch keyboard) and it is very laggy for fast typers like you and I.

It seems, however, like that is a 2.2 bug because it did not happen on my evo 2.1 or my gfs. It seems to be a spread error of lag on 2.2 even in video recording.

Doug B

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with estebancam... I switched keyboards to Swype and the response is much better. I even tried the Vingo keyboard and its also more responsive. I can't comment about it working on 2.1 though as mine came preloaded with 2.2.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I experience lag once a week or so (normally when haven't restarted my phone in more than 5 or 6 days) and a restart alleviates the problem.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I have Smart Keyboard Pro and like it a lot, but it does have a little bit of lag particularly on the first letter, then after that it seems to keep up with me OK. But they all seem to lag on the first key stroke.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what happened, but in the last few data, I have noticed that the keyboard lag is gone for me. I have enabled the haptic feedback and use the compact qwerty keyboard and no lag! I can type quickly and freely again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87