Need GPS tattletale app

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I am taking a 3200 mile round trip in my truck and I want to make sure the other driver does not go over a certain speed limit while I am asleep. Is there any GPS app that will monitor speed and sound an alarm if it goes above a set speed limit?

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Google Android have strict "NO SNITCHING" policies that restrict apps such as these....lol.

Just tell him to keep it under 80 buddy. Thats the best i think you might get.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
If you don't trust them, perhaps you should find a new driving buddy. IF I were driving with you and you did that, you'd be rolling solo.

Check out Speedview in the Market. IT has a "speed warning" setting.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any apps (but haven't really looked), but there are several standalone GPS's that do this.

Off the top of my head, the TomTom XL 330 (less than $100) allows you to both set a speed (and sound an alarm if you are going faster than it) or you can have it notify you if you are breaking the speed limit in an area where the limit is known to the GPS maps.

Of course, buying a standalone GPS for this might be more than you want to spend.

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Its not that I dont trust him and its not even for the way over. The thing is we will be driving home with a load and I want to take extra care he is being careful. ddunn... Thanks looks like this app will work.

bustaone

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Its not that I dont trust him and its not even for the way over. The thing is we will be driving home with a load and I want to take extra care he is being careful. ddunn... Thanks looks like this app will work.

It is always a good idea to not speed when you are drug-running ;)

cellurl

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I am taking a 3200 mile round trip in my truck and I want to make sure the other driver does not go over a certain speed limit while I am asleep. Is there any GPS app that will monitor speed and sound an alarm if it goes above a set speed limit?
Get app called "Back Seat Driver" written by "cellurl"