touch screen issues taking back to sprint?

derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
okay... so... today I was having issues with waking my evo... unlocking it... then going straight to the notification bar. it would freeze and i would have to turn off the screen and turn it back on.

I thought it was because of set cpu.. so i uninstalled that...

i was still getting the problem...

so i ran a touch screen test and..
e9vor9.jpg

everything in that red square is completely unresponsive.

I thought it was because of the rom/kernel I was running(myn rc4/ziggy's)
so i flashed cm6/neterachy

still the same thing.

what I need to know is; if this is software that can be fixed

or

if it is a hardware issue and if i need to take it to sprint?
if i need to to take it to sprint, I need to know if i need to unroot and how that works.

thank you for your quick replies.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Sprint may not touch it being rooted, reflashed and such, that void warranty. Maybe that background is to bright for it, lol.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

derik123derik123

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint may not touch it being rooted, reflashed and such, that void warranty. Maybe that background is to bright for it, lol.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

well that's not my phone.. i pulled that off google to show were it was unresponsive.

is there anyway to unroot or spoof it so that it doesn't look rooted?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like hardware read the sticky about returning to stock its simple to un root then take your EVO to Sprint for repair.

That's what I would do,
Dave

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's it just download the ruu plug your EVO in to your pc on charge only and run the ruu make sure you have HTC sync installed on the pc.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
alright, is the latest ota rooted?

Nah. Evo's 2.2 in general still hasn't been rooted by anyone other than unrEVOked which I don't recommend using. You still have to do the revert back to 2.1 then root and flash a 2.2 ROM method. When you get your replacement Evo tho, check the HBOOT.. it it's 2.02 then you have to root it a completely different way. I actually dont think unrEVOked works with the newer HBOOT either.