EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully somebody can help. I downloaded the update and once it started back up I had swype forced close ALOT like every 5 secs I deleted the beta version kept rebooting and everything went into method input selected swype it would do the exact same thing. I finally did a factory reset and it works now but the thing is when I woke up this morning I had the brand new market but once I did the factory reset it went back to the old market anybody know how to get back to the brand new market?

kzibart

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As soon as my nandroid backup finishes, I'll be downloading this and giving it a shot. Since I'm rooted (unrevoked forever), I'll start by restoring the stock recovery. Then apply this update and make sure everything looks good. Then go back to ClockworkMod recovery and reinstall su. At least I think that's the proper procedure. If that's right, consider this a guide for others with root to follow. Otherwise, consider it a question and please advise on where I screwed up.

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, new update on a 2 day old phone. Just applied the update and rebooting now...

May try rooting in a few days if there is a rooted version put out. :)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The info for this update states Hardware versions 0002/0003. Maybe that is the reason some people are either not getting the update or are having trouble installing it. Check your hardware version.

Mine is version 0002, but it looks like the build number associated with release-keys isn't listed as compatible with the update. It's looking for 272076 or 294884. Mine has 252548. Ug.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
hmmm, hardware 0003, but I'm still on 3.29.651.5... Just by the title of the file saying 3.30 - 3.70, I wonder if 3.29 will see it?

And more importantly, I wonder why I haven't auto updated from 3.29? I know the new camera board version came out, but???

That was wholly based on when you bought your phone and would not be an update in terms of firmware.

3.30, if memory serves, was any new EVO bought during October or November. It was a hardware difference between older EVO's sold before Oct/Nov, not software.

saboteur

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the newest 0004 hardware. I'm also rooted running cyanogen 6.1. I checked for the OTA update and found it. It downloaded but when it switched me to my recovery and tried to install, it failed. All I want is swype honestly. There's a reason most of us root - to free our phones from sprints trash that none of us use. Why cant we just buy swype? lol

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully somebody can help. I downloaded the update and once it started back up I had swype forced close ALOT like every 5 secs I deleted the beta version kept rebooting and everything went into method input selected swype it would do the exact same thing. I finally did a factory reset and it works now but the thing is when I woke up this morning I had the brand new market but once I did the factory reset it went back to the old market anybody know how to get back to the brand new market?
NVM I got it I searched android market on twitter and got a barcode to scan for the new market

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the zip file, is the file you are talking about called htcfotanotify.apk.?

What are you supposed to do with it?

Click this link with your phone's browser. It will begin the download and install. This will update the Market to the new version:

com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk

onixblack

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
This nothing but crapware plus Swype, but I already have Swype beta which is currently better than Swype because of its constant updates. So now I have to uninstall Swype beta even though I really like and I just got it like 2 weeks ago.

1. Crapware
2. No new Sense
3. No Gingerbread
4. No real update needed besides Sprint being stupid

Put this all together and this update is crap

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
This nothing but crapware plus Swype, but I already have Swype beta which is currently better than Swype because of its constant updates. So now I have to uninstall Swype beta even though I really like and I just got it like 2 weeks ago.

1. Crapware
2. No new Sense
3. No Gingerbread
4. No real update needed besides Sprint being stupid

Put this all together and this update is crap

i'm beginning to agree... doesn't seem like anything to get excited about??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non