Please help!!! Sdcard damaged

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how this happened, all of a sudden my SDCard and damaged, can't do a Nandroid or anything because nothing is being recognized.

I tried to format the SDCard on the phone but to no avail. I have another SDCard available at my house but it's only 8GB as the one I have in now is 16GB.

Does anyone have any advice? Has this happened to you? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how this happened, all of a sudden my SDCard and damaged, can't do a Nandroid or anything because nothing is being recognized.

I tried to format the SDCard on the phone but to no avail. I have another SDCard available at my house but it's only 8GB as the one I have in now is 16GB.

Does anyone have any advice? Has this happened to you? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Can you put it in another device and try to mount it on your computer?

I had some weird sd card issues the other day and I just powered down, took it out and put it back in, powered up and it was fine.

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Can you put it in another device and try to mount it on your computer?

I had some weird sd card issues the other day and I just powered down, took it out and put it back in, powered up and it was fine.

I don't have another device, no.

Let me do what you did, i'll update in a minute.

EDIT: Still didn't work. It looks like it's loading and then it says SD is safe to remove, and then the SDCArd Damage comes up.

Last edited:

mgianni19

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I didn't purchase the 16GB card, my buddy had a DROID and it broke, so he got a new one and handed me down his new 16GB SDCard.

Just had to throw in the original 8GB card that came with the phone.

It just sucks that I lost everything. Oh well, better than shelling out $ for a new phone.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you by chance reformat the cd card after you in stalled it....different phone, different operating system.....might need to reformat

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The first 16GB card (Sandisk) I had for my Evo died after a firmware/software update. I didn't know it at the time but after a couple weeks of weirdness with MixZing and other things I put the card in a reader and plugged it into my laptop, but the laptop could not read the card and in fact locked up when attempting to access it. I then swapped in my old 8GB card and all was well.

I have since gotten a new 16GB card and hope to move up to 32GB when the prices and speeds improve.

It's my guess that the boot/reboot sequence during a firmware/software update is what risks killing the uSD card and would suggest that you swap out your good card with a cheapy one whenever you do an upgrade then, after the phone is back up shut it down and put your good card back in.

I think HTC needs to work on the firmware/software update procedure to prevent damage to the uSD cards...

Brian

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried to re-partition it via a computer? I'm not sure if Android just formats rather than writing a partition table. See if you can repartition the SD card and then try reformatting it (Disk Utility on a Mac, command line on Unix). Even if that works, I'd think the card's long term viability is suspect. I'd replace it either way.