LauncherPro ?

acreech

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good morning,

I just downloaded Launcher Pro and so far I really like it. I just have one issue that I was hoping someone could help me with. How do I get the number of emails & messages to display on the icon as they did on the stock evo launcher?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Good morning,

I just downloaded Launcher Pro and so far I really like it. I just have one issue that I was hoping someone could help me with. How do I get the number of emails & messages to display on the icon as they did on the stock evo launcher?

from the home screen go to menu and preferences, you'll find all the settings there for launcher pro, under one of the menus is check boxes to display missed call, sms and email count on the icon.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just started looking on how to display my unread Exchange emails too. Anyone know of a way? Sense did this, but haven't figured it out in LPP yet.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Where do you want to add it? To the homescreen or the the dockbar?

I am also assuming that you are using an HTC Sense based ROM, and are using the HTC Sense mail app. If you are using a different ROM and the normal AOSP email app, then on Launcher Pro you can the option in preferences just like for Gmail.

For a Sense based ROM with the Sense mail app using Launcher pro, for the homescreen, Long press and you get the "Add to Home screen" option. Go to "Shortcuts" and scroll down to "Mail Inbox". That shortcut will have the number of unread emails.

You can do the same thing for the dock. The only thing is, the icon is the HTC icon, and the unread count doesn't work with the LP icons or custom ones.

Good luck.