Mobile Hotspot- Am I being charged?

Indianmack

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I read there was a bug a while ago where you could use the hotspot and they wouldn't charge you but I was messing around with it today and I noticed the hotspot works fine without paying for the service. Is it still a bug or are they going to charge me? I know the wifi tether option with root etc but I am just curious.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I read there was a bug a while ago where you could use the hotspot and they wouldn't charge you but I was messing around with it today and I noticed the hotspot works fine without paying for the service. Is it still a bug or are they going to charge me? I know the wifi tether option with root etc but I am just curious.

What did Sprint's customer service say when you called them?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I avoid the option to turn it on all the time. I'm willing to bet, if you turn it on for one second, they will charge you a month instantly.

Sent using taptalk.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it works like that you have to agree to pay for it before they can charge you. If it was working it was a fluke I would bet it wont work for long. At least that is what I think.

Later,
Dave

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Check sprint.com. See what your bill is.

It's not something you turn on at anytime and then it starts billing. You must have the code on your account or it won't (shouldn't at least) actually work. When you turn it on, it actually checks your account before firing up.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You have to enable it under your account on sprint.com

I just tried it and I got this error message:

Data Call Failure

Error Code 67. Registration failure. your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

This of course is because I'm not subscribed to it. $29 extra a month.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I also just used the z4root method and it worked on my Evo.. I also got wireless tether and it works perfect... Keep in mind that it is only a temporary root so if you reboot just re-run z4root and it should work again.. ;)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to turn it on.and I turned on hot spot settings and it was working.when i just turned on hot spot,I got the error message,but when I turned the one right under it on,hotspots settings,it worked.so i guess I'm like the op now,wondering if I'm getting charged.

Sent using taptalk.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to turn it on.and I turned on hot spot settings and it was working.when i just turned on hot spot,I got the error message,but when I turned the one right under it on,hotspots settings,it worked.so i guess I'm like the op now,wondering if I'm getting charged.

Sent using taptalk.

Only way to check is one, if your bill appears to be $30 more then its usually or, log on your account and see what you have with your plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress